What odd items are you having trouble finding in the stores?

I've noticed an item that I am having difficulty finding in stores... any store... for weeks now.

Plain corn chips (not Chili Cheese flavored). No Fritos, no store brands... nothing. It is January. I need Corn chips to eat with my chili, for cryin' out loud.

I grew up not far from an elevator that was owned by Frito Lay, that was decided to buying white corn from local farmers... to use in making corn chips.

What odd item can't you find?

I need Corn chips to eat with my chili, for cryin' out loud.
Pita chips are about the same.

SimplyNaked%281%29.png

Many times. I have to buy different brands or something else entirely. When you walk down the frozen food section and see 25 feet of empty case, well, you know what to do.

So, no tortilla chips at all?

Minute rice 2-packs that come in those little microwavable plastic cups, all varieties except brown and wild rice. Baked lays potato chips. I can find them, but they're often sold out at the grocery store chain I go to most often (Hannaford).

The most inconsistently stocked item I have run into in recent months is coffee cream. I get if it's during the few days immediately around a holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas, but mid-January? Ridiculous.

I've noticed an item that I am having difficulty finding in stores... any store... for weeks now.

Plain corn chips (not Chili Cheese flavored). No Fritos, no store brands... nothing. It is January. I need Corn chips to eat with my chili, for cryin' out loud.

I grew up not far from an elevator that was owned by Frito Lay, that was decided to buying white corn from local farmers... to use in making corn chips.

What odd item can't you find?
Tried any of your local Spanish markets. :D

I couldn't find any Pennzoil Synchromesh. Was checking several stores weekly since November. Finally found some today at Advance Auto. I bought three of the last four quarts they had on the shelf and the counter guy said that was all that was left from their last shipment.

Back