What odd items are you having trouble finding in the stores?

Toilet paper, bean with bacon soup, whole milk in pints, chicken patties, baking soda, tortilla chips, cat food, and hot cocoa…

PAM non-stick spray. For a while they only had fake butter flavor.
Ruby Red grapefruit juice
bacon

I've noticed an item that I am having difficulty finding in stores... any store... for weeks now.

Plain corn chips (not Chili Cheese flavored). No Fritos, no store brands... nothing. It is January. I need Corn chips to eat with my chili, for cryin' out loud.

I grew up not far from an elevator that was owned by Frito Lay, that was decided to buying white corn from local farmers... to use in making corn chips.

What odd item can't you find?
Canned cat food

Our chubby Himalayan's meat/gravy Royal Canin "Moderate Calorie" Urinary S/O food. Vet hasn't been able to get it for at least a month.

Wild Cherry Life Saver's indiv wrapped in the 14oz sharing size. No one has them except WalMart, there stock is ifffy most of the time.

PAM non-stick spray. For a while they only had fake butter flavor.
Ruby Red grapefruit juice
bacon
PAM had been short for many months now. My wife bought the Target brand which seems to plentiful.

My daughter is having trouble finding insulin syringes for her diabetic cat.

Hamburger, Thai Basil, plain unflavored ketchup/catsup, mushrooms, cucumbers, frozen veggies, non-boutique peanut butter.
Plenty of fruit and fresh vegetables. And plenty of stuff I don't buy labeled "organic", "gluten free", boutique brands of stuff and other overpriced products.

Raviolios
raviolios.jpg
!

Campbell's Cream Of Asparagus Soup. My wife uses it in her chicken soup recipe. And for some reason it's always a PITA to find. Albertson's is the only grocery store in town that carries it, and even they don't have it over half the time. And if they do, it's just a few cans. (Her recipe takes 3 cans).

You can find enough Cream Of Mushroom, and Cream of everything else to sink a container vessel. But for some reason Cream Of Asparagus is about as rare as a Pick 4 winner. And when I ask why, they tell me it sells really well. Well then why don't you order more? They just look at me like I'm from Mars.

Chewy is not that bad with prices,
when you figure in going to the store,
finding the product in stock,
then hauling it home…

Blissful Belly by Blue Buffalo is $1.39 in the store, $1.25 at Chewy…
The store usually has 6-10 cans in stock…

I snag 4 cases of 24, 96 cans, for $120…
Enough for 3 months, no fuss…

Back