What Motorsports do you like to watch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local and regional circle track racing (dirt and asphalt). I crew and associate with several teams. It is harder to spectate these days, as local racing has deteriorated to the point of being trivial, but I still enjoy World of Outlaws and ASCS sprint cars, and USMTS modifieds. One of the teams I help has a USMTS victory.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

Those look like fun; Thoroughbred and Classic Cars usually has coverage of classic trials events; I admire the men and women who use their cars as intended- not stuck in a temperature/humidity controlled room:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, we love you!

I enjoy watching Reliant Robin races and howl with laughter whenever I watch the Top Gear clip in which Clarkson tips one over about 17 times (I don't even care it it's fake).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

I don't like kit car series and F1 racing is far too regulated. When a driver wins because he got the best fuel mileage that's not really racing.

I'd like to see a series where they give the teams a restrictor plate and say go build a car, anything you like, any engine with only a minimum weight limitation and then you'd see some exciting racing.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I don't like kit car series and F1 racing is far too regulated. When a driver wins because he got the best fuel mileage that's not really racing.

I'd like to see a series where they give the teams a restrictor plate and say go build a car, anything you like, any engine with only a minimum weight limitation and then you'd see some exciting racing.

You would see some exciting engineering, but probably with cars vacuumed to the track it would look alot like slot cars... Stupid fast until one flies off the track.

F1, WRC, Pirelli World Challenge, Endurance, GTCC, MotoGP

Once upon a time...BTCC

When it comes down to it, I really prefer amateur racing with conventional cars. SCCA style. Mustang vs. Camaro vs. Corvette vs. BMW etc.

04_Club_Racing-dw.jpg

However, I do not like racing where every car is the same type, or has exactly the same performance. Spec Miata racing is nothing but a train going around the track. When the cars are well matched, the difference between fastest and slowest is often less than a second per lap. No thank you.

2007_scca_spec_miata.jpg

Last edited:
I'll watch the GT cars,Formula 1 and WRC with a side of TopGear UK or MightyCarMods OZ. If its gonna go in a straight line or left all day I will find a hockey game to watch or a wall to paint.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: MCompact

Those look like fun; Thoroughbred and Classic Cars usually has coverage of classic trials events; I admire the men and women who use their cars as intended- not stuck in a temperature/humidity controlled room:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, we love you!

I enjoy watching Reliant Robin races and howl with laughter whenever I watch the Top Gear clip in which Clarkson tips one over about 17 times (I don't even care it it's fake).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

Reliant in the last clip link I posted, just before the end.

Somehow it doesn't fall over though so you might not like it. Gets up the hill fast and fuss free too.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
WRC but only certain times, Monte Carlo, Finland, Sweden, Spain.
I am convinced the Group B era of Rally was the peak of motorsport, anywhere in the world, and from there it's gone down.

I would add the Corsican round (and maybe the 'dirt on tarmac' German round) to the above list as well!

But yeah, Red Bull GRC is adding an ALL ELECTRIC class next year-GIVE ME A BREAK!!
smirk.gif

Although I can maybe appreciate any R&D/'innovations' which might possibly come out of that, it DOES show the downfall of motorsports in general.
mad.gif

Soon, it will ALL be just 'gamerz' competing against each other on driving simulators, for heaven's sake!!!

Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
I was glad to of found a new channel (UK) showing Auzzy V8 Supercars

WHICH channel is this, and did MAVTV stop showing this series like they did for so many of the ones I used to watch on there, and go ALL 'roundy-round' ALL of the time??

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
I was glad to of found a new channel (UK) showing Auzzy V8 Supercars

WHICH channel is this, and did MAVTV stop showing this series like they did for so many of the ones I used to watch on there, and go ALL 'roundy-round' ALL of the time??

"Motorsport.tv" is the channel - https://www.motorstv.com/programmes/programmes/gt-touring-car

As far as sports actually watched, I've seen more motorcycle speedway than anything else, and classic motorcycle meetings. On TV it's MotoGP and V8 Supercars. But not anymore...free to air spaort has gone, so I stream. Sky TV is going under, so have blocked V8 Supercars, and I'll have to see what happens this year with MotoGP, that could be blocked too.

So, maybe I don't watch any motorcport these days. No big deal. No entry fee at the vintage speedway track up the road, so I drop in there sometimes for a look.

F1, WEC, various GT stuff, most of which is free and live on YouTube. I do like watching the Goodwood stuff, too. I really should watch more MotoGP, but it's not properly telecast here, so do need to make some alternate arrangements.

Of course, I give NASCAR and drag racing a hard time, but I go to the drags every year, I guess because if it has wheels and an engine and is competing somehow, I'll go and watch.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back