What motivates Toyota to have Exxon/Mobil produce TGMO?

Listen 🔊
Sounds like XOM used to add good chunk of moly to Toyota oil. Now that they lowered the amount significantly , don't waste your money. You can get the newly formulated inferior oil much cheaper at Wal-Mart. 🎻

c1-may-oilslick-mobile.jpg

After having seen the specs on Nissan branded 0w20 it is either Mobil 1 AFE 0w20 in a different package or something very close to it.

Maybe EM changed the type of moly? More is not necessarily better.

yes, I've read about the new moly (tri-nuclear?) but I prefer the old moly. If I pay extra $ for an oil, it better have high amounts of old moly :)

Yes it's at least in part a money thing, either the dealerships buy TGMO oil made by Exxon from Toyota or they buy from Exxon directly and Toyota still gets a licencing fee. The dealerships probably like the arrangement since they can advertise selling and performing oil changes using "genuine Toyota motor oil".

The Toyota oil here comes in a metal can and is made in Japan.
I believe this version is the high VII & high moly?

Attachments

• d04db76310f56d0de3f73cc8d1824d92.jpeg.jpg
    d04db76310f56d0de3f73cc8d1824d92.jpeg.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 10
It is just business. You can also ask what motivates Exxon Mobil to win the contract to make TGMO. Maybe they have a surplus of certain capacity in certain area to make them, and the local customers who best suit is Toyota?

Back