What mod makes your car faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traction/tires might be a concern once you already have enough power.

The answer is..a supercharger! If I had money to blow, id buy one and have it installed on my corolla for kicks!! It needs any power it can get! Lol

Originally Posted By: Srt20
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Yep, horsepower does rule.
In any class of car, all of the real runners will have similar braking and cornering ability.
In any such group, the better driver will always win.

Fixed it for ya

Spec racing, with truly identical cars, such as the Ferrari challenge, with 50 drivers, split into an "A" and a "B" group often have 1 second separating the fastest driver in the A group and the slowest driver in the B group.

They go around the track annoyingly in a train, with zero difference between cars, and drivers have to try stunts to get ahead. The guy in front has no draft and is often holding everyone else back.

Last edited:
It however, is true that all rental cars have 4 wheel drive, off road capable long travel suspension and are exceedingly capable in all conditions anywhere on Earth.

Tires!? I can't even spin the tires in any of my cars from a straight away!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I didn't know you owned a Dodge Journey.
crackmeup2.gif

You can't spin them?

My grandma's 14' Grand Caravan with the Pentastar can really go!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Tires!? I can't even spin the tires in any of my cars from a straight away!
crackmeup2.gif

I have a hard time keeping the wheels from spinning on my Charger.

After the loose nut behind the wheel is tightened, the next best modification is sticky tires.

Then brakes.

Then suspension.

Then engine, if ever.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: StevieC
I didn't know you owned a Dodge Journey.
crackmeup2.gif

You can't spin them?

My grandma's 14' Grand Caravan with the Pentastar can really go!

It's a 4 cylinder and I'm lucky it gets on the highway.
lol.gif

It's a Thirsty Noisy 4 cylinder. It needs a turbo.

All I know from autocrossing is, tire grip is much more important than horsepower, when it comes down to corner speeds, and braking. A lot like driving in the snow with winter tires verses all-season tires. If you can use it, of course more power is always a plus, but that wasn't the point of the video.

I truly thought the answer was going to be making the car lighter. Take two identical cars. Make one 500 pounds lighter, it should turn, stop and accelerate better than the heavier car.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
I truly thought the answer was going to be making the car lighter. Take two identical cars. Make one 500 pounds lighter, it should turn, stop and accelerate better than the heavier car.

Colin Chapman, is that you? (the founder of Lotus cars, and, I think, famously said "add lightness" )

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: NYEngineer

Colin Chapman, is that you? (the founder of Lotus cars, and, I think, famously said "add lightness" )

Northeastern cars add lightness by themselves... rust!
banana2.gif
happy2.gif
lol.gif
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back