What kinda work boots are use guys/gals wearing?

I have tried various types of work boots over my 26 years of manufacturing work. Started with Carolinas then tried Red Wings, Wolverines & Dura Shock Wolverines, Herman Survivors and now just purchased another pair of Carolinas. All have been steel toe through the years. I truly believe a good quality boot is important for the whole body.

Bud

$50 Site Donor 2022
When I was working I always wore Georgia Boot brand.

I've been wearing Red Wings for a long time, but I was browsing the Bargain Cave at Cabela's and found a nice pair of Cabela's branded boots that were normally $200 for $50 so that's what I'm wearing now and I really like them. When it's time to replace them I'll probably get another pair of Red Wings.

I’ve tried many over the years but my favorites are Justin J-Max comfort system or USA made Red Wings. My next pair will be Red Wing due to availability.

Red Wing 8 or 9 inchers. Just wore out my third pair - I get about 2 years per pair, got over 2 1/2 out of the last pair partly because they're the first pair I oiled periodically.

4WD

$50 site donor 2022
Redwings - a lace up with zipper on the inside …

Georgia has been my go to for the last twenty years. I am trying a pair of Dura Shock Wolverines right now and they are alright. I will probably go back to Georgia though.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Redwing slip ons are my favorite. Every year I get a new pair.
Not this year since you offered them to someone on here from your workplace shoe allowance. smile

Actually in January I get my $150 shoe allowance and decided to help out a fellow BITOG member. The following year I'll get you a pair.

Keen. When I worked at a manufacturing plant half the place wore Keens. I started and liked them so much Ive kept buying them even my non-safety toe weekend shoes are Keen. I go for the composite toe now because of reduced thermal transfer. Where Im working now its worth it to keep two pair and Im wearing my heavy insulated pair right now.

JTK

I just picked up a pair of Georgia work boots from Tractor Supply yesterday. First time I've tried them. I go through at least a pair a year. My last 4-5 pairs have been Timberland Pros from Sears, prior to that, possibly Wolverines? Don't recall. Either the insides gets wallowed out, the soles wear out/through, or they crack from getting cryo frozen. I too keep at least 2 pair of boots in rotation given they're on my feet no less than 12hrs at a time and often get wet.

Last edited: