What kind of waxes/detailing products are you guys using?

I've been using meguiar's 3 in 1 wax. I've been using meguiar's products since I had the Accord (2015). No complaints.

I also use mothers CMX that I spay on after the car is waxed. Usually two coats. Then let it cure for 1-2 days

For the leather seats, I use chemical guys leather cleaner and conditioner.

For the wheels, soap, and water
laugh.gif
Tires, meguiar's tire gel.

Interior, damp microfiber, and a boars hair detailing brush.

Car wash soap, I don't think it really matters but I use Meguiar's Car Polymer Wash & Wax.

I used the regular Mothers Carnauba Wax for a while and someone bought me a can of Collinite 476S but have yet to use it. My cars aren't nice enough to fuss over wax and detailing brands. The stuff you can buy off the shelf at Walmart seems to be fine (Mothers, Meguiars, etc.)

I alternate currently I’m using Turtle Wax Hard Shell wax but have a good selection of others here too like Mothers Carnuba and some Meguiars too. Then I’ve got Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound and Royal Pine air fresheners to go with that. Got more too probably. 🙂

I alternate currently I’m using Turtle Wax Hard Shell wax but have a good selection of others here too like Mothers Carnuba and some Meguiars too. Then I’ve got Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound and Royal Pine air fresheners to go with that. Got more too probably. 🙂
I've heard turtle wax is back in the game.

There new products have pretty good end results.

My list of products is extensive.

My current favorites, in no particular order or category, off the top of my head:

Adam's Car Shampoo
Meguiar's Hyper Dressing
3D Super Glass
Poorboy's Natty's
3D One
3D Speed
Meguiar's M110
Meguiar's M210
Meguiar's D300
Meguiar's D302
Sonax CutMax
Sonax Perfect Finish
P&S Brake Buster
P&S Beadmaker
Griot's 3-in-1 Ceramic
Chemical Guys Inner Clean
Optimum No Rinse
NanoSkin Super Charger
Adam's Detail Spray
Poorboy's Upholstery Cleaner
Meguiar's Citrus APC

etc.

Last edited:
Mostly sealants for the hummer:
TW SNS
FK 1000
Megs Ultimate Paste
Mostly carnaubas for the 300:
Jaxwax liquid
Pinnacle Souveran ll
Poorboys EX Sealant w/carnauba
Both:
Poorboys wheel sealant and Bold and Bright for all wheels and tires.
Each vehicle starts spring with application of Duragloss 101 for base clean and seal.
Mild coconut milk solution for leather cleaner topped with Mother's VLR.

I recently switched over to Turtle Seal n Shine as my only paint protectant. Still have bottles of regular wax(mothers synthetic, CG butter, Turtle SHS, & Collinite 845). They certainly have their places but overall I love seal n shine. Easy to apply, last longer than any other wax I’ve had, and the only wax I’ve used that gets slicker over time.

I have Meguiar’s leather cleaner/conditioner but none of my new cars have leather anymore. My interior gets wipe down with water/microfiber then topped with aerospace 303.

My soap is whatever I have. Some turtle wash & wax, adams shampoo, griots pink soap. Even have some left over boat soap that I use.

I've heard turtle wax is back in the game.

There new products have pretty good end results.
I just bought some Graphene Infused Flex Wax from Turtle Wax Pro Line. On, and off very easy. Put it on my 2018 Titan SV. It looks great. Sorry, attempted to attach pics, but no luck. Open to help.

I have a mish mash of stuff I pick up along the way, this is an old pic. ;)
View attachment 49506
How do you apply the CMX? Do you clay first then apply it? Or clay, wax/polish then CMX?

Here's how I'm gonna go about it on Sunday:

1. Wash/dry car (two bucket method)
2. Inspect paint for imperfections with hand in a sandwich bag.
3. If I feel imperfections, I’ll use Adams iron remover.
4. Wash off Adams iron remover. Inspect paint with hand in a sandwich bag again.
5. If I feel imperfections still I’ll clay. If not I’ll skip step 5 and go to step 6. If I do feel imperfections, I’ll clay then go to step 6
6. Apply Mothers CMX. Let it cure for 24 hours.
7. Use detail spray to wipe the surface then add another layer of CMX. Let the second layer cure for a day.
8. Final step, use detail spray to wipe surface then apply a coating of MEG ultimate liquid wax for added protection a depth.

Last edited:
I swear I'm not a Meguiars fanboy, but it ended up this way after ordering & trying out products from a lot of different companies. I was a Pinnacle loyalist until I used Ultimate Compound a few years ago. Got the same results, and it's available everywhere.

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax
Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Meguiars Ultimate Polish
Meguiars Ultimate Wax
Lake Country pads
Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid

P&S Beadmaker
Mothers Gold Class Rich Leather
Turtle Wax Wet & Black Tire Shine
303 Aerospace Protectant
303 Marine Fabric Guard

Back