What kind of pump are you using for filling PTU?!

I'm going to be changing the PTU fluid in the 2015 Escape. What kind of pump are you guys using to fill up the PTU.

I was also thinking about just using the squeeze fill application that Valvoline and Amsoil offers.

Autozone sells little hand pumps that screw on to quart and gallon sized oil bottles for that purpose. Your hand might get tired after pumping for a while, but I've used it for filling transfer cases, differentials, and the transmission on the MG. Just watch that the pickup tube doesn't fall off into the bottle as you're pulling it out.

Autozone sells little hand pumps that screw on to quart and gallon sized oil bottles for that purpose. Your hand might get tired after pumping for a while, but I've used it for filling transfer cases, differentials, and the transmission on the MG. Just watch that the pickup tube doesn't fall off into the bottle as you're pulling it out.

Sounds good 👍 I'll check it out.

I bought one of these at Wal-Mart last year for ~$6. If you can use a squeeze bag of Valvoline that works as well as the pump. Trick is to wedge it in close to the transfer case.

transfer pump.jpg

Back