What kind of Oci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevy 5.7 with a bit of work done.. Running a little rich. Just changed it with PYB. 10-40 Thinking about just running it about 4000-4500... Maybe 5? Thoughts?

Whatever oil was in there was only running about 18psi at idle. This fresh oil is running 40 even in this hot as Texas weather. (180 degree t-stat) so I have to assume it's a shear happy motor. The last oil was only in there for 2k. With 1400 of that towing an enclosed from NC to Texas.

Last edited:
Possible the old oil was very fuel diluted?

Change at 3k and get a UOA, fix the rich running issue.

4-5k should be fine with PYB. I always used to change at 3k with my last truck, just what I was always told to do. I'm upping that to 4k with my new truck (living dangerously, I know). I'm using PYB as well.

The rich running isn't an issue. It's a performance motor.. Supposed to run slightly on the rich side. It's a 98 vortech engine. Still fuel injected. All the parts are well maintained. I'll try 4 and keep an eye on the oil. Pressure.

Sorry I'm in Texas now. I Need to update. But to answer your question, no there wasn't.. And i don't think there is here either. Just a obd check. Regardless. Nothing a quick pcm tune can't handle. I have a few friends who have passed with hollowed cat's... It's all in the tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back