What kind of footwear do you wear, most likely throw on before you leave the house?

I've had about five or six pairs of these in various colors over the last ~8 years

1611099013015.png

Right now during winter my go to is a slip on Denali brand winter shoe. Easy on and off, no leaning over to put on or take off or lace up. Only like $30 and I usually get a new pair every other year. Outside of winter it’s usually Nike or NB running shoes. My work boots are either Dickies slip ons or Cat lace up.

Attachments

• EB77D5C8-8DC2-4395-A39E-0BB506932960.jpeg
    EB77D5C8-8DC2-4395-A39E-0BB506932960.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 9
Boemos all black sneaker or my black Diadora suede tennis shoe because I'm currently working from home but take walks regularly throughout the day. When things go back to normal, I'll put dress shoes back on.

I usually buy 2 pair of Hush-Puppies model Gus in black every year on black Friday or cyber Monday. They are usually 20 or 30 dollars cheaper each pair then. Also, I always keep a new pair of these in reserve for formal outings. The Gus model is one they have been making for a very long time. It is very light weight, comfortable, and holds up well for daily use. I think over the many years Hush-Puppies has changed the countries it is made in at least twice. But it is still a very good shoe. No loss of quality with the different places it is made.

After the sole of my old Red-Wing boots disintegrated ( actually fell apart ) I did some internet searches, including here on BITOG and sprang for a pair of these Timberland. They stay waterproof, comfortable, and warm long enough to clear the snow every time it snows.

I bought some of these ice cleats last winter but never got to use them then. Used them several times this year. The largest size fits the 13 W Timberland or my 13 WW Hush-Puppies Gus. But they shed the yellow plastic cleats. Still when they have the cleats they work very well. It is like being glued to the ground no matter how icy the ground is. I bought a new pair this year and they include 10 extra cleats in addition to the ones that are already installed. They did not include extra cleats last year. I guess many people complained about the cleats falling out when they wore them. There still are some sellers selling them without the extra cleats. If you buy some get the ones with the extra cleats, They are the same price as the ones without extra.

I bought some glue that is normally used to patch innertubes, and hope that will grip the plastic part of the cleat and the rubber. The glue was not in stock and will ship sometime soon. I think this glue will stop the cleats from leaving the rubber.

Last edited:
Usually Nike Downshifter, or some other similar Nike shoe. I have to get 13 wides, so they can sometimes be hard to find. I can rarely try on a shoe in a shoe store as they typically aren't stocked.

Usually Nike Downshifter, or some other similar Nike shoe. I have to get 13 wides, so they can sometimes be hard to find. I can rarely try on a shoe in a shoe store as they typically aren't stocked.
I wear 13 W or 13 WW. The Hush-Puppies in A 13 WW are an excellent shoe and are almost always available. Though you usually can buy them for 20 to 30 dollars cheaper on Black Friday, or cyber Monday. You might want to try a pair.

Crocs when I can …Sperry , Redwing, Dockers , Sketchers, Johnston&Murphy etc …

Steel toe work boots 80% of the time.

My casual shoes are Rockport Eureka's. The young people around me (everyone) tease me that they are Grandpa shoes. I retort with, no, they don't have velcro laces.
3550_6681_1[1].jpg
LOL, men talking about shoes on the interweb. Hope the ladies don't discover this! We'll never hear the end of it.

Inside I have a pair of Bass slip-on dress shoes that morphed into clogs that I wear as slippers.

Outside I generally wear Walmart Ozark hikers, the gray low tops, laced loosely so I can pull on and off w/o tying. Pre-pandemic I was content if I got 4-6 months out of them--given how little I do, that shows just how bad they are. But I hate paying good money for footwear that doesn't fit as I have like 9.5A or 9.5B shoe size with narrow heels and nothing fits well.

Nike running shoes used to be great in the 90's, nice and narrow. Did New Balance for a while and I should go back, but since becoming a sedentary office worker I just need something reasonable for getting around the office. It's on the to-do list to go to a real shoe store and try stuff on.

Vasque Juxt hiking shoes, by way of some recommendations while in the army. They're not light but they're reasonably inexpensive and take a pounding like nothing I personally have ever owned.
18394-DEFAULT-l.jpeg

Back