What kind of footwear do you wear, most likely throw on before you leave the house?

I once had a pair of Guess? sneakers. There're grey and had the "Euro" look, like Diesel. Very unique!

In cooler weather, my Dan Post boots or Justin Ropers for casual; my Allen Edmonds loafers or lace-up dress shoes for work. Occasionally boat shoes, no idea of the brand, to go to the grocery or to wash the car. In hot weather, i.e., most of the year, I wear the boat shoes for casual things, and the AEs for work.

Running shoes, only if I'm working out.

If I’m running a quick errand or piddling in the garage, a pair of 35 year old Sperry Topsider boat shoes.

Flip flops if I’m playing volleyball or going through a drive through, shoes anywhere else. They are New Balance.

Attachments

• B90F2D1A-88B0-4408-B3C4-1C622D963E5F.jpeg
    B90F2D1A-88B0-4408-B3C4-1C622D963E5F.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 11
Im a old fool.....my goto shoe is New Balance or Nike cross trainers.....
My nicer goto shoe is Mephisto Match....I have in tan and Blue.

Was just thinking about this. I have a pair of Nike sneakers that have held up well, but I just can't bring myself to shop for something else and they still look good (that's probably why I still wear them.) They cost $64 from a store called Century 21, so they probably cost double that at another store. (Footlocker etc, any specialized store in the mall where I don't know how anyone buys anything because can you imagine how high those store's rent is? But anyways.)

Every time I buy Avia from Walmart my shoes look horrible in a week or two and I think they are designed to be that way, the $10-$21 shoes.

So. What do you wear?

I will include a pic of mine to start things off.View attachment 41430View attachment 41431View attachment 41432
I have wide English Feet, current shoes from Walmart.

Unless I am dressing up for some reason or need special purpose footwear like Vibram soled hiking shoes, a pair of $19.95 slip on tennis shoes from Target fits the bill. In fact I have several pair in different colors with the oldest pair relegated for garage duty and washing the car and other light outdoor tasks.

For work I have to look presentable. I get away with wearing black chukka boots. They are very light and comfortable all day long. I believe that shoes that are overly padded and that have molded footbeds will with constant use weaken your feet. That's why I privately wear minimalist/barefoot walking and running shoes, mostly Xero and Vivobarefoot. Around the house I walk barefoot as do I on the beach and outdoors when possible.

these or some kind of NB or Brooks sneaker. I wear out sneakers fast and I am always changing them
Also have some Zamberland for the cooler months

CASBRO.jpg

I just got another pair of Clark desert boots 2. List price is around $130 but they are cheap as chips on amazon.com. I think I paid $60. I went with dark brown (beeswax) leather. I used to buy the original Clark desert boots with the crepe sole. However, the crepe sole doesn't last long and it gets filthy looking. The desert boot 2 (Bushacre 2) has a synthetic rubber sole that is supposed to last much longer while staying cleaner looking. Although a bit less soft, the boot is still really comfortable. No insole, just a thin heel.pad, the way I like my shoes and boots. Word of caution, for me they run half a size large and I always order wide and a half size smaller than with most other footwear.

If I understand it correctly there are three versions of the Clark desert boot:

1. Desert Boot (modern version of the original from 1948) with crepe sole.
2. Desert Boot 2 (Bushacre 2) with synthetic sole
3. Desert Boot 3 (Bushacre 3) with synthetic rubber sole and with removable insole.

Breaking in nicely.

Last edited:
Back