what kind of car is this? Awesome video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not small at all! That's a 65 or 66 Chrysler Newport or New Yorker. A 66 New Yorker was our family car from the time I was 7 until 10, when it was traded for a 69 New Yorker. The 65 and 66 had the same dash and steering wheel. Great car...and big as a house!

Okay, I just watched the whole video and the shot of the car in the shop with the hood up gives another clue as to the model. This is a 66 Chrysler 300. Only the 66 300 had a center hood ornament. The Newport and New Yorker didn't, and neither did the 65 300.

-

Ahh, a Newport. I think it's the only car banned from nationwide demolition derby (due to it's sheer size). Nice car though.

COOL! i had a feeling it was mopar from the interior details but I am not that familiar with them.

Ahh, a Newport. I think it's the only car banned from nationwide demolition derby (due to it's sheer size). Nice car though.
I don't think they will allow imperials either, another fine giant from chrysler.

I have a niece who drove an Imperial in the demolition derby. Just about caused a riot one night when she was accused of cheating by reinforcing the car. But it was just made that way. That huge beast would not fall apart. If they where banned it was after the mid 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back