What kind of bed do you own?

Our bed hasn't been all that comfortable for me and the wife. Lots of aches and tossing and turning. After doing some searching I pulled the trigger and ordered a queen Nectar memory foam mattress and adjustable base.
It has a 365 day trial period so why not? Plus the wife likes to watch TV in bed and needs her legs up. This is the first adjustable and memory foam mattress for us.

So what kind of bed do you guys have? Does it adjust? Did it take a while to get used to it? Did it help you?

My wife and I just bought a mattress. We researched the bed in a box brands but decided against it.

When you go into a mattress store, you will find a favorite mattress you like. When you buy one online, did you try it before you bought it?

Bobopedic gel memory foam mattresses are throughout the house: Queen in the master, queen in one guest room and a twin in my son's room. There were cheaper options, but we both think our Bobopedic is pretty darned good and, unlike other budget brands (beds in boxes), you can't test them out prior to, like you can Bob's; there's a Bob's store a few miles away from us. We actually have trouble sleeping on other beds, including the expensive TEMPURPEDIC in my SIL's guest room. Maybe we've just become accustomed to Bob's beds, or maybe they're really just better than the old spring/pillow top we used to have a while back.

Under my son's bed we have a pull-out day-bed, which is a Sealy (sp) spring mattress for when we have a lot of guests. This bed isn't nearly as comfortable as the Bobopedics, but not bad, actually. It sure beats sleeping on the couch.

Two zinus queen beds for guest room. 8 inch hybrid coil/foam. Not bad for one person, not great for two people.

Bed Story 12 inch hybrid coil/foam King bed. Very good, it was $240. If it lasts a few years great, if not I'll toss it.

Previous mattress was a standard Ikea mattress, that did only last a few years.

King sized hybrid coil/foam mattress off of Amazon for $350 (bed in a box). Delivered to my door in 2 days, easy returns (though it wasn't needed), easy-peezy. The mattress has been great, too. I have chronic back pain and have become very picky about what I sleep on due to the pain, but this mattress has been awesome. No need, for me anyways, to waste time at a mattress store haggling over prices and paying a markup. I will keep doing this until I have a reason not to do so.

Some bed in a box mattress. I like it. I bought my son a mattress in a box off Amazon. He likes it. Mattress stores are endangered.

Temperpedic for our main bed
smile.gif

Costco Sealys for the 2 guest rooms.

Tuft & Needle on an IKEA base. I took a chance on the T&N when they first came out but figured the guarantee was worth it. Been using it two years now with no noticeable degradation. The base needs tightening up though.

Costco. I have bought numerous beds, several queens, doubles and 1 twin.
Seems like I get lucky as they have been on sale.
Highly recommended.

Queen sized wooden frame...elevated the end of it 6" when my wife got a CPAP...liked the angle when I became single, so have left it.
ALDI mattress...we repalced them all with ALDI one year, they were soooo good....

OT but related....About 1 1/2 years ago I bought a bed-in-a box memory foam mattress on Amazon at a great price on a 'Deal of the day'.....I didn't need it at the time but the price was too good to pass up (and I have had good experience with memory foam mattresses). A couple of weeks ago I went to set it up and it never expanded to the full 12" (lucky it made it to 9")....I then read in small print that compressed memory foam needs to be taken out of the box within 30 days of delivery. Who knew....I wish they put it in bigger lettering right on the box....Oh well...lesson learned....I'm using it as is in a spare bedroom so it isn't a total loss...

PS: My experience is that some of the no-name Amazon, Walmart etc...MM mattresses are very close to (if not just as good as) the name brand, expensive ones. I bought a Queen MM mattress on Walmart.com for about $275 that is still great after 4 years....I just look for one that states "medium firm to firm"....

I bought a new mattress about 4 months ago. Traditional inner spring with double-pillow tops (so it can be flipped). I bought it from a local MN company that makes them in house, Restwell mattress factory. They are the "OE" supplier to Crate & Barrel. I paid $450 as it was a discontinued model, that was down from $999 retail.

I Need a firm bed as I'm a stomach sleeper and have neck/back issues, and it suits be perfectly. I personally can't stand memory foam, I've yet to lie on one that I feel comfortable with. They all feel like I'm sinking into them after a while, and I don't like to be "cradled" while I sleep. I like sleeping ON the bed, not IN it.

Stearns & Foster made by company dating back to 1800's. Best mattress I've ever own.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
I bought a new mattress about 4 months ago. Traditional inner spring with double-pillow tops (so it can be flipped). I bought it from a local MN company that makes them in house, Restwell mattress factory. They are the "OE" supplier to Crate & Barrel. I paid $450 as it was a discontinued model, that was down from $999 retail.

I Need a firm bed as I'm a stomach sleeper and have neck/back issues, and it suits be perfectly. I personally can't stand memory foam, I've yet to lie on one that I feel comfortable with. They all feel like I'm sinking into them after a while, and I don't like to be "cradled" while I sleep. I like sleeping ON the bed, not IN it.

14Accent:
I also have neck/back issues....sleeping on one's stomach with the head to the side is a major cause of neck issues....I'm a side sleeper who occasionally goes onto my stomach...that's when the neck pain starts. I've mostly remedied it by
using a body pillow (or even a regular pillow) next to me to remind me when I start to turn onto my stomach. In other words...Don't sleep on your stomach if you have neck pain...
I also don't like sinking into my mattress....that's why I choose 'firm'.....Good Luck.

One thing I learned is don't cheap out on a mattress since I spend about 1/4 of my day on it.

Being that my wife and I are tall and skinny, we prefer a plush mattress. The best feeling beds we found have nano coils in them. Only a few mattresses have them.

Staava seemed the most interesting of the online bed company's. They don't put their mattress in a box. They offer different firmness levels and use a unique
innerspring system. Staava also offers two mattress thicknesses if you don't want something requiring deep fitted sheets.

We ended up finding something in a store that has nano coils and feels great. But we came close to buying this:

Back