What is your opinion of the 2020 Ford Ranger?

Originally Posted by E365
Factory Ford Performance tuning kit now available. 50
State emissions legal and " Comes with Ford Performance 3yr/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician"

Adds 45 HP and 60 lb-ft. Also reprograms transmission shift points for $825.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB

Wasn't aware of this as a dealer installed warranty preserving option. Very cool!!

One thing about both the Colorado/Canyon and the New Ranger: they have too much rake. They both badly need to be leveled or at least altered enough to take out some of that exaggerated arse up face down rake.

I wonder what kind of effect that extra power will have on long term reliability? Even the warrantied tune gives me question cause it's rare that you can add power to anything and not sacrifice some reliability/longevity.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
The new Ranger has 310 lb-ft of torque, a 10 speed transmission and a tow rating of 7500 lbs. How much does that boat and trailer weigh again?

Saw someone already posted the Ford tune.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Warlord
I wonder what kind of effect that extra power will have on long term reliability? Even the warrantied tune gives me question cause it's rare that you can add power to anything and not sacrifice some reliability/longevity.

The guys that race the Focus RS (same basic engine) have no real troubles with modest tunes now that the head gasket troubles are behind them.

Back