What is your favorite Girl Scout cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve been buying girl scout cookies pretty regular the past couple years.I ask them which one they think is best. I buy them ,then give them back to the little girl scout .

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I've been living under a rock... never had girl scout cookies before. I recently placed an order for one box, but I don't recall what flavor. It may have been caramel/samoas. Alas, that was about 2 months ago. Not sure if I'll ever get them.

You will my daughter just got the shipment this weekend, likely similar.

My middle child sells them with her local troop. The bit of profit they make is put into activities they do some really good. Girl Scouts for my daughter who has not a single friend at age 12 (autistic) is a great place for her to at least be around peers that accept her.

People in my opinion spend way too much on them(eg boxes not box) who appear not to have money.

Shortbread cookies with coffee,
banana2.gif

So keebler makes out and nobody else?

I detest this practice

Pimping kids to sell garbage to make a few pennies.

Do something worthwhile for the community.

Where is the cost?

Plus cookies are a garbage food.

Somebody has issues
lol.gif
, Girl Scout cookies have been selling since 1917, i'm betting when you were a snotty nose kid you ate your share of cookies, or were you a deprived child.
spankme2.gif

Grumpy old guy on the front porch - "Get off my lawn, you ankle biters!"

NO its a pet peeve.

They all look brainless camped out in front or Walmart or RiteAid - especially the Moms.

Rake my yard , shovel my snow! Pick up the road trash! Clean up the wetlands and forest trails, take food to shut ins.

Don't sell me garbage cookies.

What are you teaching these kids? Absolutely Nothing selling this garbage.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

Pick up the trash, bottles and cans 1/ 2 mile up and down the road the Cretans toss out the window, Ill give you 20 bucks.

Beware of Cretans bearing bottles?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Grumpy old guy on the front porch - "Get off my lawn, you ankle biters!"

NO its a pet peeve.

They all look brainless camped out in front or Walmart or RiteAid - especially the Moms.

Rake my yard , shovel my snow! Pick up the road trash! Clean up the wetlands and forest trails, take food to shut ins.

Don't sell me garbage cookies.

What are you teaching these kids? Absolutely Nothing selling this garbage.

They sit in front of the stores because if you send cute kids skipping down the street selling door to door horrible things happen.

The little girls learn how to approach adults appropriately and communicate with them.This is also a skill learning event for them. The girls do not make much from selling the cookies, but money also goes to the troup and the local council for camp funding.

The cookies taste good. The Boy Scouts sell pop corn. There caramel corn sucked!

Originally Posted by ZZman
Yes it is that time again! And inflation has struck again.... $ 5 a box for their cookies.
Here, they're $4/box this year.

Apparently what I ordered was peanut butter and not samoas.

Like the mints … but most often buy them (and pay extra without judgement) … then give them away before I wind up eating a bunch …

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by ZZman
Yes it is that time again! And inflation has struck again.... $ 5 a box for their cookies.
Here, they're $4/box this year.

Ditto (Georgia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back