what is your favorite drink soda/beer/water ECT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
speak up!
36.gif
35.gif

I actually drink a lot of milk. Now skim milk as I have to cut back on fat and calories. When I'm not drinking milk, it's water with Raspberry Ice flavoring.

I'm spoiled, I have to be really thirsty for plain water to taste good.

Motor oil!
banana2.gif

No, actually I live on Pepsi Max. It is, after all, the only soft drink for men. And BITOGers are real men!

John

I used to live on Diet-Coke (like litres/day), but I had to stop because the Aspartame was contributing to my migraines or so they think.

I now live on Coffee & Soda-Water. Soda-Water isn't all that bad once you get used to it and it helps substitute the loss of my Diet-Coke friend.
grin2.gif

(I buy the the Soda-water with next to no Sodium in it.)

We make our own seltzer water so that's pretty much the only soda we drink. On the weekends we have a bottle of champagne if you can consider it to be a pop.

Other than that, I would consider the daily coffee to be my favorite drink - but I am addicted so it may be an addiction, not a favorite drink.

Iced Tea, hot tea, pom/blueberry juice, 1-2% milk, Three Olives Vodka, Yuengling Lager, coffee, diet Dr. Pepper.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
We make our own seltzer water so that's pretty much the only soda we drink. On the weekends we have a bottle of champagne if you can consider it to be a pop.

Other than that, I would consider the daily coffee to be my favorite drink - but I am addicted so it may be an addiction, not a favorite drink.

How do you make your own?

With a seltzer bottle. Fill this bottle with cold chilled water and use a CO2 canister to put the fizz in.

You can then start experimenting with syrups and different tastes. But I prefer just plain water.

When I became a big fan of film noir movies, I would always see these seltzer bottles and wanted to get one. Now I find them indispensable.

Bud Light for Beer.

Juice,water and skim milk all other times...No soda at all.

Oh yeah coffee...I drink about 10 cups of coffee a day...I used to drink 20 cups or more a day when I did the night shift.

For beer I drink Guinness or Sam Adams anything else is tap water!
beer3.gif

For coffee it has to be full caffeine, black, dark roast, and strong!! If you can't stand a spoon up in it and it does not flip your hat over when you drink it then it is just a waste of time.
12.gif

I learned to drink coffee from my dad at about age 6 or 7 and that was the days of the old percolators that would "cook" the coffee for as long as you would let it so it would get stronger by the minute then there would always be some grounds at the bottom of your cup. My dad said to always chew/eat the grounds at the bottom and that it would put hair on my chest. It worked very well !!!!!!!!
13.gif

At my last job I came in early one day and made the coffee “my way” to this day they don’t know who did it and they still complain about not being able to drink it, that was about 5 years ago and they can still taste it when they talk about it!!!
crackmeup2.gif

Other than those two in summer I drink most anything that is wet and ice cold. In the winter most anything that is hot!

black joe during the day, green tea during the nite.

An occasional sugarshock with regular coke classic.

Other than that, red wines, whites, and mostly beers (Sam Adams, all other local microbrau, etc.)

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I used to live on Diet-Coke (like litres/day), but I had to stop because the Aspartame was contributing to my migraines or so they think.

I now live on Coffee & Soda-Water. Soda-Water isn't all that bad once you get used to it and it helps substitute the loss of my Diet-Coke friend.
grin2.gif

Hey- we agree lol. I had to kick the 12+ Diet Cokes a day because I has having arthritis like symptons, memory loss, confusion, and an overall weakness which is bad because I compete in powerlifting comps.

A week later I was like a new person, I think I gained a few IQ points, I'm probably average now lol.

Now it's coffee all day every day, the occasional real coke, but mostly water.

Alcohol is only for special occasions since at the age of 32 the weight is not as easy to keep in check. I hate beer so I shop by price. Natural Ice or Coor light is what I noramlly drink, whatever is cheaper.

I guess my favorite beverage is some kind of beer... Especially after hockey in the summer, I find it hardly matters what brand then. I can't say I've had a really dark beer after a game but I would take it over nothing!
After that I guess I like coffee, usually between .3 to .75L a day.
Mostly I drink our well water, tastes pretty good, has a few minerals, we run unsoftened cold water taps to the kitchen and bathroom just for drinking.

I do like pop but it is banned from the house by SWMBO, plus I'm plump enough as is...

Beer: Corona (might drink one or two beers a year)

Water: Detroit tap water

Juice:

Welches Concord Grape/Black Cherry Mix (usually frozen then partly thawed and chopped--great for those hot muggy Detroit summer evenings)
Orange Juice (Straight or in corn flakes)
Low Sodium V8 spiked with Tabasco
Juicy Juice (in cereal like Crispix).

Pop: Mountian Dew (haven't had pop in probably 20 years, but this is one I liked)

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
Originally Posted By: StevieC

grin2.gif

Hey- we agree lol. I had to kick the 12+ Diet Cokes a day because I has having arthritis like symptons, memory loss, confusion, and an overall weakness which is bad because I compete in powerlifting comps.

A week later I was like a new person,

My son had the same problems with diet Coke and the same improvements when he stopped drinking it. It doesn't seem to bother me, but if I don't drink it for a couple of weeks it tastes bad the first time I drink it again. I've pretty well switched to un-sweetened iced tea for my colored unlimited refill restaurant beverage of choice.

For beer I grab whatever local or regional micro or craft brew is on sale that hasn't offended me in the past.

Sam Adams is OK but a mass market beer as far as I am concerned. If it came from a micro brewery I would probably love it
crackmeup2.gif

Beer: Old Style Pilsner

Pop: Coke. Way, way too many Cokes. About two weeks ago, I realized I was up to drinking three 20 ounce ones per day, and have scaled back to maybe one every second day. I am trying to cut back and replace it with milk and water. Milk isn't lower in calories but it doesn't do the terrible number on blood glucose or have HFCS in it pop does.

Other than that, I drink apple juice with breakfast, and usually a couple of glasses of 1% milk after supper.

Right now my main issue is trying to strike a balance with a meal plan where I can eat normally, cut back carbs/fat/sugar, and keep even blood sugar. I am not even that concerned with weight loss, I just want to avoid gaining weight and maintain a steady blood sugar level through the day so I feel good. I'm not diabetic but it is in both sides of the family, and hypoglycemia is common as well.

Last edited:
I gave up alcohol a long time ago. It's now coffee and iced tea for me. From 5AM until around 3PM it's about 4 or 5 pots of coffee, after that, iced tea.

iced tea (it has sugar - do you hear that Yankees!
LOL.gif
) but if I don't have any made, a Jones Soda. However, Target has recently stopped carrying them so I don't know what will take their place one the home inventory is depleted.

Hot tea is nice sometimes (read: not when it is 90+°F outside).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back