What is your excuse ? BITOG avg quarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the BITOG average is running 50-60 quarts. That's a lot of oil.

I have an excuse !

One of my vehicles takes 12qt changes +600 mile/qt consumption (factory rated to this & actual).

Plus the 18+18 were acquired this month. I try not to go beyond a year out.

What is your 'excuse' ?

I can't pass up a FAR deal...a few I even MADE money on buying!
smile.gif

John

Caught the fever also, plus my rellies next door are always asking to borrow this or that and motor oil seems to be needed often in their 5 vehicles.

GrtArtiste

i only buy oil thats 75 cents per quart or less. that doesnt come along too often so when it does i have to stock up like a madman to get me through lean times.

last time this came along it was target selling havoline at 64 cents per quart. i bought out 3 walmarts worth.

time before that it was pepboys selling pennzoil and quakerstate free after mir. i bought all that i could get (limit 4 cases per house).

right now the deal going on is pepboys 5 gallon buckets of oil for free after mir, pennzoil platnum free after 2 mir's, and pennzoil long life for around 75 cents a quart after mir from pepboys.

couple this with 1 cent purolator filters and i can change the oil and filter in my honda crv or dodge stratus for #3.03 per vehicle. thats three dollars and three cents.

the f150 is a bit extra sence it takes 7 quarts, that comes out to $5.28 including filter.

that is why i horde. i can change the oil and filter in my vehicles for less than some of you pay for a single quart of oil.

Being in college with tight finances, I can't resist turning down a good sale to stock up on. I also manage more than one car, so it helps to have more in hand. Plus it's purdy to look at all those quarts on the shelf
smile.gif
Just daydreaming about what you're gonna use next...
drool.gif

With 5 vehicles, that's 27 qts + 1 for makeup. 2 times per year. That's 56 qts. Yea! That's how I rationalize my addition to oil sales. Currently, 24 qts Valvoline All Climate, 36 QS Advanced Syn, 42 QS 4x4 Torque Power, 5 RP, and 36 PP. I have to resort to therapy to stay away from AAP and AZ when the sales are on. :))

"Hi, my name is Dave, and I just purchased 20 more quarts of motor oil."

I need to stop reading this site. I actually did purchase 20 more quarts about 20 min. ago.

"I have to resort to therapy to stay away from AAP and AZ when the sales are on. :))"

"I need to stop reading this site. I actually did purchase 20 more quarts about 20 min. ago."

Ok...Dr Coffman is ready to see you now....

"Hi, my name is Camu, and I have a oil problem..."

Actually my oil stash would be much greater if buddy would get a job... his '79 Supra is so primo I can hardly stand for him to abuse it, I even buy him Techron and 99cent funnels...

190 quarts here, but I do the oil changes for my mom, dad, wife, mother inlaw and father inlaw.

I usually wait till AAP has a closeout and then I clean them out.

BOGO free Mobil1 coupons from 2005
BOGO free from Advance Auto
$1qt sale at local WalMart
$1qt Pennzoil post-Thanksgiving sale at PepBoys
$1.37qt at Home Depot

Lots of excuses = lotsa oil on hand.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back