What is up with Techron bottle seal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put a 20oz bottle of Techron into my tank. But what is up with the bottle seal? It has no tab on it for me to lift. I end up poked a hole in it with my key, then peeled the seal off. I don't know if I dropped any little piece into the bottle as I peeled, and poured it into my tank.
mad.gif

Betcha' a corporate lawyer insisted upon the secure seal to prevent leakage during transit or storage.... to assist in preventing a lawsuit.

Yeah,, i complained to myself about that. Just incase I don't drop any leftover seal in the bottle, i use a knife and carefully cut it. Tab or no Tab, its not going to leak, i dunno why They did that.

Everytime I put the Techron in my tank, I curse that seal. I am woried about little bits of paper floating in my tank.

Really doesn't help when my car has "lifetime" fuel filters. This means if I dropped the bits of seal there, they will be there for good.
pat.gif

I guess next time I will pre cut the seal at home with some precision surgical knife
grin.gif
, put the cap back on, before I take it to the gas station.

The STP stuff, which didn't do much good to my car, has a nice semi-circle on the top of the seal and pulls it right off. Chevron should learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back