What Is Up With Blackstone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of months ago, I sent in a sample and had to email them several times to get the results. Two weeks ago I sent in another sample and have not gotten any results. Not knocking them because I have used them for quite awhile now and have always liked them. I usually have gotten results within one week.

Well if Blackstone is in Seattle then I understand what they are doing to you
smile.gif

I dunno...my last one took quite awhile also....like 3 weeks....I finally called and they said they lost my email address....dog ate my homework....

quote:

They do have a new address.

Yeah you've got to watch that. The last sample mailer bottles I received had a different address on the bottle mailing label than that on the order form. My wife caught the error only because she needed a phone number for the shipment and looked it up on Blackstone's web site and saw the different address.

I ordered a sample bottle through their website 3 weeks ago for my cousin's truck. It has still not arrived.

I'm actively looking for another lab.

quote:

I ordered a sample bottle through their website 3 weeks ago for my cousin's truck. It has still not arrived.

It takes quite long to get the free kit from them.
But they were (still) very good about the sample results turnaround.

Perhaps they haven't rec'd the sample yet? Some folks have reported that the USPS held up the shipment of their sample for one reason or another. I'd give them a call or send an e-mail to see if your sample showed up yet.

I have to send my oil samples via UPS because the local USPS postmaster won't handle them even when we presented them with the mailing letter from Blackstone. We appealed to the USPS district office but they deferred to the local PM. I wouldn't be surprised that some USPS bozo is holding up those lost samples.

quote:

Originally posted by audi_guy:
I have to send my oil samples via UPS because the local USPS postmaster won't handle them even when we presented them with the mailing letter from Blackstone. We appealed to the USPS district office but they deferred to the local PM. I wouldn't be surprised that some USPS bozo is holding up those lost samples.

This is why I use FedEx, myself. I select from one or two day service, depending upon how compulsive I'm feeling. The two day service is only a couple bucks more than USPS, and you avoid the morons described above. I've never had results take more than a day after receipt of my sample.

Yes! Same thing here. USPS said they couldn't take it. Went to UPS and they boxed it up for me and everything. The package arrived on time and Blackstone sent me the results the same day that UPS said Blackstone would get my sample.

The little black thing looks suspicious. Put it in a box with padding. Best way to do it.

UPS was around $6.00. I could probably have gone cheaper if I had used a smaller box though.

Well, I checked with the bank today and Blackstone did cash my check on March 15th. I emailed them, we'll see. I hate to switch labs because I like Blackstone, but when the results are done, I would like them!

Sounds like blackstone better get their act together, or risk loosing a good customer base.

Joel

quote:

Originally posted by AR15 VDub:
...Blackstone did cash my check on March 15th...

Correction: Blackstone, or someone using their name as an endorsement, cashed your check. Get a photocopy of both sides of the check to see if anything looks fishy. If so, present it to your postmaster. Postal inspectors, who carry pistolivers and have the authority to make arrests, take a very dim view of mail fraud. Doubly so if it can be traced back to a postal employee.

Well, Blackstone did get my sample and did do the test on March 7th. They said they emailed me the results, but I never got them. They said that they would resend them to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back