What is this part on my carburetor?

kind of like a duty cycle solenoid an electronic carburetor.

No thanks!

For these topics, I always remember something my great-grandmother once said to me:
If the name starts with ‘carb’ then get shut of it, ‘cause it’s bad for both you and your engine! Also, the staff beats us at night...”

My guess was either a valve that opened up the EGR when the engine warmed up or something to do with the automatic choke.

Then again it could be the mysterious Veeblefetzer valve that gets mentioned now and then.

My guess was either a valve that opened up the EGR when the engine warmed up or something to do with the automatic choke.

Then again it could be the mysterious Veeblefetzer valve that gets mentioned now and then.
From what learned it's a tempurature compensator that works the duel stage power valve. When engine is cold, no vacuum, truck runs richer, when warm, vacuum, trucks runs a tad leaner. Some fellas say they run fine with out it. Mines leaking gasoline so need to do something. Might just buy a 2brrl holly

From what learned it's a tempurature compensator that works the duel stage power valve. When engine is cold, no vacuum, truck runs richer, when warm, vacuum, trucks runs a tad leaner. Some fellas say they run fine with out it. Mines leaking gasoline so need to do something. Might just buy a 2brrl holly

Holley makes a bolt-on carb style fuel injection kit, FWIW.

To a tempurature switch then to intake manifold vacuum
What is the temp switch connected to? A water jacket? Are there any other hoses coming off the temp switch? If so, where are they going to? Not trying to be a SA, just trying to figure this out. Never heard of a temp operated power valve.
Thanks

Lots of cars from the 60s 70s 80s use temperature control switch that was screwed the intake or thermostat switch wherever coolant maybe to control various functions such as EGR cold weather starting,

Attachments

• 16009683723378622157862050870588.jpg
    16009683723378622157862050870588.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 13
What is the temp switch connected to? A water jacket? Are there any other hoses coming off the temp switch? If so, where are they going to? Not trying to be a SA, just trying to figure this out. Never heard of a temp operated power valve.
Thanks
The switch in the picture is not the one that is connected to but it is a thermo switch for example it's too hard to look back there to take a picture of it

Attachments

• 1600968535069352031757217063580.jpg
    1600968535069352031757217063580.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 14
Back