What is this noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
02 Bucik Rendzvous AWD with 189000 miles on the clock I have a constant thump, thump, that sounds like it is coming from one of the rear wheel bearings. The sound will reduce when the body rolls a bit in turns. Has become worse in the last month. I believe it to possibly be a wheel bearing but over a year back a mechanic said it was in the vera-trak rear drive module. Since it has been going on for a year and over 15K I disagree, but what are other thoughts out there. Thanks

My mom has the identical car, but an 03'. Ever since 70k it howls from the rear end like crazy when making a turn, 135k now and it still does it. It's probably the CV joints in the rear. Crawl under and grab them and twist and pull and check for play

I wouldn't think noise from the VersaTrak unit would change based on turning or going straight. I agree with you than it sounds more like a wheel bearing...or a tire (less likely).

I worked as a GM salesman. There was an issue with the rear end of the Rezendevous's. Something with the clutch packs(?) in the rear end. There may be an additive (friction modifier) that corrects the problem. Not sure.

Not the tires. It has been doing this on old worn tires and a new set with about 5k on them. I probably will put it in the shop and have a wheel bearing replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back