What is the smallest remote filter mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a small remote filter mount which is suitable for running teacup filters like Wix 51394, Purolator 14477? The gasket seating area would require an ID of no more than 58 mm. The Wix 51394 gasket ID is 55mm and the OD is 63mm.
I have tried fitting a Purolator teacup on a Derale 25708 and it contacted about half the gasket, not sure if it would hold up. Of course the Derale 25708 is way too big for a teacup. Another unbranded filter mount (sold as a VW Beetle mount) had a gasket seating area unsuitable for a teacup filter, but worked with a Wix 51516 / L10241 sized filter.
I think 1/4" NPT would be beneficial for the elusive small mounting base. The Derale 25751 seems to have following spec: "Filter landing: 2-1/2", 2-3/4", so it could be smaller overall, but I haven't touched one yet.
A small filter mounting base is needed for narrow confines and we all know how cramped under the hood newer cars are getting.

I know it's not a remote mount but if you have cramped space have you considered a Magnefine inline filter? They are a filter with magnet all in one, steel housing, and have built in bypass.
I ran one on my Santa Fe because I didn't have room for a remote mount. Just a thought.

It's the Magnefines that keep pushing me to remote filter mounts
smile.gif

Earl's 2178ERL seems smaller and a perfect fit for a 3" filter. I don't know if it will work with 2.7" filters though and it's $60
cry.gif

You need a spin-on oil filter mount (usually aftermarket) from an older Harley Davidson

3/4"-16 thread will accept the tiniest Toyota filter you can find on the shelf at Walmart

I have since bought a Trans-Dapt 1055. It's just the cast of a regular base but with 1/4" NPT threads, nothing to rave about as far as compactness.
The gasket seating area has an ID of 57mm and OD of 79mm. The filter gasket mating area has a perfect finish, but can't say the same about other areas. I'm still looking.
Pictured are the Fram 3614 and Purolator 14477.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I picked up an Empi 9245 mount. I remembered that the unbranded mount referenced in my first post is an Empi 9244. No COO stamped on the 9245, but the 9244 was made in Taiwan. Just like the 9244, the gasket seating area was rough. This is not a small filter base. Gasket mounting area ID is 57.5mm, OD is 78mm. I did some sanding.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back