What is the shortest cell phone plan.

I got a whole stash of older android cell phones. Parents have flip phones and still want them but locally 3g is being phased out completely.

How can I get a cheap temp phone plan as they are all verizon, and let them practice for real, so they can switch over to smartphones in december 31st. That way they keep their flips and can learn the new phones slowly.

Yes they are that technology challenged.

i switch phone companies, what they call port in, whenever i want a free and newer phone. You wont be able to switch back for 6 months. I havent had to pay for a new phone in 15 years LOL

Both, metrobytmobile and boostmobile offer 15 a month unlimited calls and text and 2 Gig data so thats the plan I switched to after 6 months of 40 dollar a month unlimited data plan when I got my new phone

I told customer service Im a cranky old man that doesnt watch crap on a little screen so dont need lots of data

100 dollar flip phones? Verizon is out of their mind. Just get them an Android and show them how to turn on voice and they can talk to it

If you unlock a preowned V phone could you use the cricket sim monthly for 35 bucks? I got my MIL a flip. She said it wont turn on I tried and it wouldn't work, brought it to the store and the guy turn it right on by holding down the red disconnect key. Duh.

A Basic smart phone is easier to use than a flip.

Last edited:
Chose Verizon, AT&T or TMobile, your choice.
No contract, month to month.
We always bring our own unlocked phones but now for the first time they also offer phones if you don’t want to bring your own.
No one offers better priced cell phone service from all three providers.

I got a whole stash of older android cell phones. Parents have flip phones and still want them but locally 3g is being phased out completely.

How can I get a cheap temp phone plan as they are all verizon, and let them practice for real, so they can switch over to smartphones in december 31st. That way they keep their flips and can learn the new phones slowly.

Yes they are that technology challenged.
How "old" is the phone? If they support the T-Mo / Sprint system then Google Fi even the unsupported version would be able to do per month temporary plan prorated by the day $15 per day if no data is used. It is also useful if you use them oversea with no roaming charge to most countries for data.

Back