What is the purpose of White Lithium Grease?

Just as a general grease for keeping things that aren't critical metal pieces lubed. Like rubber bushings and stuff and keeping a thin layer of rust protection and also as an assembly lube when I put rubber seals in so I don't damage them. For the motor bearings and other things like that I use a more expensive grease with moly. I buy the Walmart brand grease for most light duty things and I have a metal tube that I mix in with thin oil and grease to get a more liquid grease and it's like creme in consistency. Just slathers up everywhere nice.

Not the same. This is aluminum complex. The standard CRC white Grease is a simple lithium.
Not sure which product you are referring to. Here is the SDS for CRC 03080.
69EC0CB8-D6DA-474B-81CF-711874EBEE10.jpg
8624ADAB-6593-4372-B947-06314BC13BA3.jpg

Not sure which product you are referring to. Here is the SDS for CRC 03080.View attachment 58526View attachment 58527
If you read my post it states that the CRC White Lithium Grease 03080 originally specified is a simple lithium. The second grease that you pictured in the white can is CRC Food Grade White Grease 03038. It is AlX, SDS attached.

Attachments

• CRC Food Grade White Grease 03038.pdf
    214 KB · Views: 5
If you read my post it states that the CRC White Lithium Grease 03080 originally specified is a simple lithium. The second grease that you pictured in the white can is CRC Food Grade White Grease 03038. It is AlX, SDS attached.
"white can" should read "can"

Some white lithium greases are approved for food processing equipment. I use it on my pivot points of my outboard boat engine. It doesn’t leave a grease sheen on the water.

View attachment 42595
Snagglefoot, this is your post. It pictures CRC 03080 which is CRC White Lithium Grease, a simple lithium grease and CRC 03038 which is CRC Food Grade White Grease, an aluminum complex grease. You may not have intended to post the picture of the CRC FG product but you did. I simply pointed out that the two CRC products were not the same. The SDS for the 08038 lists aluminum hydroxide benzoate stearate which is the AlX soap and is attached. So, in response to your question, yes, the SDS of an aluminum complex grease might mention aluminum but it doesn't have to as the soap is considered non-hazardous.

Attachments

• CRC Food Grade White Grease 03038 (1).pdf
    214 KB · Views: 6
Snagglefoot, this is your post. It pictures CRC 03080 which is CRC White Lithium Grease, a simple lithium grease and CRC 03038 which is CRC Food Grade White Grease, an aluminum complex grease. You may not have intended to post the picture of the CRC FG product but you did. I simply pointed out that the two CRC products were not the same. The SDS for the 08038 lists aluminum hydroxide benzoate stearate which is the AlX soap and is attached. So, in response to your question, yes, the SDS of an aluminum complex grease might mention aluminum but it doesn't have to as the soap is considered non-hazardous.
Hi RD. No big deal but I posted 03080 which is described as a food grade lithium grease and a SDS for 03080 which shows no evidence of aluminum.
I have nothing to do with 03038. I believe you brought it up and described it a a food grade but aluminum complex grease. Perhaps they both exist?

That was not MY post. 3080 is all I’ve been posting on and it is described as a food grade grease.

That was not MY post. 3080 is all I’ve been posting on and it is described as a food grade grease.
The picture of the food grade product clearly is included at the bottom of your post; one post and two greases. FYI-03080 is NSF H2, that is it is acceptable for use in food plants where there is no chance of food contact, IT IS NOT FOOD SAFE. Virtually all industrial lubricants that are non-hazardous qualify to be H2. 03038 is NSF H1, that is it can be used in food plants where there may be incidental food contact. Contact levels are very low, if I recall 10 ppm max but I may be wrong.

The picture of the food grade product clearly is included at the bottom of your post; one post and two greases. FYI-03080 is NSF H2, that is it is acceptable for use in food plants where there is no chance of food contact, IT IS NOT FOOD SAFE. Virtually all industrial lubricants that are non-hazardous qualify to be H2. 03038 is NSF H1, that is it can be used in food plants where there may be incidental food contact. Contact levels are very low, if I recall 10 ppm max but I may be wrong.
Ok, if you know the difference between H1 and H2, that is good enough for me. I’ll stick to engine oil. Carry on. ;)

Back