What is the oldest oil you have used in a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: pitzel
1956 Chevy Bel-Air with 2-speed auto transmission. Still on its factory fill of ATF.

I'm certainly not meaning to challenge you in any disrespectful way at all, but how on earth do you know that the same ATF has been in there for 53 years?!?!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
60 million years old, regular "dino" oil has been around for that long!

Now that's putting thing into perspective! LOL!

I got a whole unopened case of Quaker State 10W-40 from my aunt's garage clean out - dated 1989. I've been thinking about using it in my 1990 F-150 at the next oil change. What do ya think?

I've used some circa-1998 SJ 10W-30 Havoline as top-off oil in my Cavalier. I believe it bumped up the Zn and Mag amounts in my subsequent oil analysis. Not a problem, just an observation.

I've currently got one lone litre of circa-2004 SL 5W-30 Castrol Syntec Blend oil in my trunk as top-off oil that I bought for a quarter when I worked at my local WM in 2007.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk

I'm certainly not meaning to challenge you in any disrespectful way at all, but how on earth do you know that the same ATF has been in there for 53 years?!?!
cheers3.gif

Original owner of the car, my grandfather, bought it, and then parked it around 1958 (coinciding with his demise). Wasn't driven for roughly 50 years, except an occasional move between garages for storage, and for replacement of the tyres in the late 1970s.

I've been using Pennzoil Synthetic 10W30 SJ in my 2002 CR-V for the last few years. I bought an Advance out of 30 or so quarts back in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back