What is the latest you have had an Amazon delivery?

When I was getting Amazon stuff they occasionally dropped off after 2100. I’ve had USPS drop off packages at 2000 or so.

I wonder if those are independent contractors.
If I'm not mistaken, all of their drivers are contractors, but in the case of the deliveries I'm referring to, they drive Amazon vans. If an item is offered as same-day delivery, they seem to be delivered in personal cars.

If I'm not mistaken, all of their drivers are contractors, but in the case of the deliveries I'm referring to, they drive Amazon vans. If an item is offered as same-day delivery, they seem to be delivered in personal cars.
To the best of my knowledge if they are driving a Amazon company truck they are an employee or an employee of the contracting firm Amazon hires.
If they are driving a non Amazon company truck (or car) they are independent contractors. (flex drivers)

To the best of my knowledge if they are driving a Amazon company truck they are an employee.
Nope, just like Fedex Ground, they use partner companies that own the vehicles and employ the workers - https://hiring.amazon.com/job-opportunities/delivery-driver-jobs#/. Look next door to most Amazon warehouses and you'll find a "logistics" company.

1676746794098.jpg

1676746933686.jpg

Nope, just like Fedex Ground, they use partner companies that own the vehicles and employ the workers - https://hiring.amazon.com/job-opportunities/delivery-driver-jobs#/. Look next door to most Amazon warehouses and you'll find a "logistics" company.

View attachment 140964

View attachment 140965
Ummm... that is what I said
"To the best of my knowledge if they are driving an Amazon company truck they are an employee or an employee of the contracting firm Amazon hires.
If they are driving a non Amazon company truck (or car) they are independent contractors. (flex drivers)"

Oh... maybe I should have phrased it differently. Such as = if they are diving an Amazon company labeled truck. Instead of Amazon company truck. (sometimes I assume that people can read my mind so let me rephrase)

To the best of my knowledge if they are driving an Amazon company labeled (named) truck they are an employee or an employee of the contracting firm Amazon hires.
If they are driving a non Amazon labeled company truck (or car) they are independent contractors.

Labeled = either with Amazon name on it or their symbol.

Last edited:
Just clarifying
You left out the full sentence = "To the best of my knowledge if they are driving an Amazon company labeled (named) truck they are an employee or an employee of the contracting firm Amazon hires."

I referred to this above your post they are an employee of Amazon OR the contracting company, they are not independent contractor drivers. Im not sure if you are understanding.

Back