What is the "green elixer of life"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWS

A quote from pscholte, "for the record, it is not actually watery; it is a delightfully robust yet lubricitous and free-flowing nectar-like consistency whose parallel can only be found in the goblets on Mount Olympus!"

I have been rather busy lately, but I have seen various references to the "green elixer of life", and don't have a clear idea as to what they are talking about. Is there really a motor oil out there that is green and smells nice, or is this some kinda on-going joke among this board's "old-timers"?

Also, pscholte sounds like an poet or English professor - is that true?

What you seek is Castrol 0w-30 made in Germany, it has a green label and has what some describe as a gummi bear aroma and so far can only be found at Autozone.

Castrol Syntec 0w-30...made in Germany...some say it smells like Gummi Bears made in the Black Forest. Available at most Autozones, just be sure that it says "Made in Germany" on the back!
smile.gif

Click on pscholte's name and click the "View Recent Posts" link to find all the German Castrol posts.

-T

Not only is the label green, the oil is too! I just poured 4 litres of the green goo into my 1999 Hyundai Elantra and I anxiously await the benefits in the upcoming winter.

quote:

Originally posted by Audioquest:
Not only is the label green, the oil is too! I just poured 4 litres of the green goo into my 1999 Hyundai Elantra and I anxiously await the benefits in the upcoming winter.

FYI the label is red on the weight not green

quote:

Originally posted by SWS:
Also, pscholte sounds like an poet or English professor - is that true?

lol.gif

He is also a German and French teacher.

[ September 14, 2004, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: yannis ]

SWS,

The Green Elixer of life...how shall I explain it? Take a journey with me about 6,000 years back into time, when gummi bears (Gümmi Bären) freely roamed the earth. There is a green mist floating like a lace curtain with tassles that lightly kiss the earth. Suddenly a burning object sizzles through the misty atmosphere catching all the Kleine Bären by surprise and burying them under tons of superheated green ash...the rest, as they say is history: Over time, Die kleinen Burschen have become a wonderfully lubricious fluid known by some (OK, like me) as the Green Elixer of Life. You MUST find it, if only to hear your engine gratefully say, "Vielen Dank sehr viel." (Thank you very much)

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
SWS,

The Green Elixer of life...how shall I explain it? Take a journey with me about 6,000 years back into time, when gummi bears (Gümmi Bären) freely roamed the earth. There is a green mist floating like a lace curtain with tassles that lightly kiss the earth. Suddenly a burning object sizzles through the misty atmosphere catching all the Kleine Bären by surprise and burying them under tons of superheated green ash...the rest, as they say is history: Over time, Die kleinen Burschen have become a wonderfully lubricious fluid known by some (OK, like me) as the Green Elixer of Life. You MUST find it, if only to hear your engine gratefully say, "Vielen Dank sehr viel." (Thank you very much)

lol.gif
Way,way tooooooo funny...
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
German Castrol Syntec SLX will consume all who blunder into it's path.

But it is very kind.
grin.gif
It consumes gently.
wink.gif

Yes indeed...I have been consumed and am now host to a gummi bear spirit...When people take my picture and have the film developed my eyes are green instead of red...
shocked.gif

lol.gif
The lurkers on this board must think we're crazy. It's a very good oil, though, and gives good results in the UOAs that have been done.

When it pours out of the bottle, it is definitely green. I just topped off mine yesterday. When it's in the sump, though, it turns back to a honey color rather quickly.

Crazy indeed....But,Jethrol Tull did a song in the 70's entitled "velvet green" and I would say more than likely they knew of the "green elixer" back then...Laugh if you must but I say we gather behind Herr SLX,(aka..pscholte) and live as one with the gummi bears of yore....
fruit.gif
shocked.gif
bowdown.gif
grin.gif

The green color is only from frontlighting and I have seen it long ago in oil that they used to put in those glass bottles with long tin spouts on them. By the way, there is a sale on it at AZ currently, I think I saved $3.20 on 4qts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back