What is the EXACT replacement for the ford orange

So im not sure if im getting bad info but my local dealers are all claiming that the ford orange coolant is officially discontinued and there is no more avail old stock. I would still like to use it in the two cars I have until I change the dreaded water pump out. (3.7L V6 internal)

I genuinly do not care about what ford says that the yellow is better....I just want to use the orange, where do I get it now.

Example we all know Zerex G-05 is identical formula as the Motorcraft Premium Gold. What is the idenitcal fomula to ford orange?

Ford orange now gone. You can use the Ford yellow and ad it to a system currently using the orange. I just did a super flush on my 3.7 and switched to yellow. Makes no sense to wait until the water pump fails if the yellow can help reduce the chance of that now.

I topped off a Ford that had orange coolant with (Prestone branded) Dex-Cool and no issues. Although I did not put in much. Going to eventually flush it out and replace it with Peak 10X at some point.

dnewton3

Staff member
I think you're getting bad info; the orange stuff is still on the Motorcraft chemicals website.

As most have said, any DexCool product will work fine if you can't get the Ford stuff.

But if you need detailed info, it's all on this website for Ford related coolants and lubricants:

This is a bit outdated; 2015, but it's better than nothings

Last edited: