What is the best SN oil, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: addyguy
Yeah, I'd say PYB/QSGB - loaded with goodies!

You group them together. Are they the same? And what about the bronze high mileage bottle?

Originally Posted By: 45ACP
?

My vote is Supertech. SN, $10.88 a 5 gallon jug, and made by XOM. Yours?

Not all Supertech is made by XOM, ST in my area is made by WPP (Warren)

Originally Posted By: TheOilGeek

SN additive packs. I don't know about "best", I used to be a huge believer in Mobil 1, but the one that surprised me was PYB. Looks like a good value with alot of Moly. JMO

Is that comparing an apple to an orange? Does a full synthetic require moly the same as dino? just asking...

The updated Mobil 1 0w40 is API SN and pretty hard to beat at $6/qt. Approved by almost every mfg, HTHS 3.8, VI of 185. Readily available at every auto parts store.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: TheOilGeek

SN additive packs. I don't know about "best", I used to be a huge believer in Mobil 1, but the one that surprised me was PYB. Looks like a good value with alot of Moly. JMO

Is that comparing an apple to an orange? Does a full synthetic require moly the same as dino? just asking...

I should rephrase my statement.

- Out of the list of SN oils my choice would be Mobil 1 0w-40. (Liqui Moly is not on the list, nor is Redline- both of which I would prefer to Mobil, but I am confining myself to the list.).

As to whether the add pack vs. the base stock makes the most difference, in my belief I think the base stock is over 99% of the product and therefore the most significant.

As to the Pennzoil, for a conventional oil it looks to be the best on that list. These are just my opinions.
12.gif

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
My favorite/best SN oil is the one that I can find on dirt-cheap sale without having to mess with rebates. Done.
EXACTLY!!!!!! I think everyone on here knows at this point there is no such thing as BEST oil. If you had two same exact engines, one running MS5k, and the other running PYB or even ST for 5K oci's...both engines will perform and run the same.

?

10 bucks for 5 gallons????

?

That would last me a long time in my truck that I drive less than 10K per year.

John
W.TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back