What is the best oil/oil filter/air filter combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1989 chevy c1500 with a 5.7 liter v8 engine that was recently rebuilt and i was wondering what the best oil to use aswell as oil filter and of course a good air filter?

The "best" is open to discussion. What's better red or blue? Green or brown?

Alot of information on here, your best bet is to read from peoples expriences and reviews and form your own opinion.

Well aboard.

ill tell you what used. when did a rebuild on my last 350. it was a fram extra gaurd air filter, wix oil filter, and quaker state conventional, till 5000 miles then switched to quaker state synthetic 10-30

Best in terms of value for money or best in terms of overall performance?

Value (Conventional): Mobil Clean 5000 10W-30, AC Delco PF52 oil filter or ProLine oil filter, Purolator air filter.
Performance (Synthetic): Amsoil SSO 0W-30, Amsoil EaO oil filter or Mobil 1 oil filter, Napa Gold/Wix air filter or Amsoil EaA air filter.

Those are just my opinions, of course.
thumbsup2.gif
Good luck.

The best combo I would think is an Amsoil EAA Air Filter and an EAO filter. Extended change intervals, and superior filtration!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: jsecrest
I have a 1989 chevy c1500 with a 5.7 liter v8 engine that was recently rebuilt and i was wondering what the best oil to use aswell as oil filter and of course a good air filter?

Originally Posted By: StevieC
The best combo I would think is an Amsoil EAA Air Filter and an EAO filter. Extended change intervals, and superior filtration!
thumbsup2.gif

My name is Gary Allan ..and I approved this message.
LOL.gif

Mr. Secrest ..all humor aside, I'd ask you what your primary service involved and your annual mileage. That will probably dictate what would provide the best value to your in terms of oil/filter selection. As far as air filters, the EAA line is outstanding in performance and durability/longevity, but will require longer time line to prove economical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back