What is the best 0/5w30 oil I should get in Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

Friend is going to Hong Kong this December, he asked me if I wanted anything from there, including oils...

What should I get that's available in HK and not in the US? Motul?..Castrol SLX? I use 0w30 or 5w30.

quote:

I don't think those were the kinds of oils he was talking about...

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by tadaima:
Hey Everyone,

Friend is going to Hong Kong this December, he asked me if I wanted anything from there, including oils...

What should I get that's available in HK and not in the US? Motul?..Castrol SLX? I use 0w30 or 5w30.

Motul is already available in the USA. Fancy Castrol is also available.

You really do not need any overseas-sourced "Fancy Oil." Chevron Delo 400, Chevron Supreme, Schaeffer Supreme 7000 are about as good as you'll ever get, no matter which part of the World you happen to be in.

Hmm but those are 15w-40 oil, what about 0/5w30? I can order motul online but it's really expensive, figure it would be cheaper in asia.

The asian version of german castrol 0w-30 is sold in asia as castrol SLX ( locally made)

Appears same as german castrol.

Looks rreal good.

Fred...
smile.gif

now theres irony...

people in australia pay $100+ AUD 5 Litres for american oil ~ RL and Amsoil..

now you guys in America want to buy Asian oil... hmmm interesting
rolleyes.gif

It can get as cold as 0C in the winter and as hot as 35C in the summer. I know I use to live in Hong Kong for 5 years. It is also a very mountainous country and will be stressful on the oil. Driving thru the mountain side would easily make the oil temps soar to 110C. I would recommend any good synthetic 0w40. I believe M1 SS 0w40 is available there. And bcos of the mountain driving, it is also stressful on the gearbox. Dont forget about the gearbox fluid too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back