What is something you NEVER buy cheap? and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

..and a good coffee is money well spent IMO, if coffee's your thing. Even though a can of Yuban "will do", it does not compare to a more costly craft roasted bean - there's a world of difference in flavour profile. To me coffee's like liquor, you get what you pay for.

A raging hangover?

Sure, if you drink to excess. But with your highly polarized, hyperbolic mind I can see how you can't distinguish between a drink or two and the whole bottle.

For me, any body care - I have sensitivities to certain skin care, soaps and sunscreens and I like only one brand of toothpaste(Crest Pro-Health Advanced), cleaning supplies, anything I use for a hobby I enjoy. Or anything that will be used on a regular basis.

I've been willing to try cheap stuff. If I don't like the results, I'll spend more. I'll try to look at reviews and/or the item in question and see if cheap will do; sometimes I won't bother with cheap and might go straight to the top or someplace between.

The wife dictates what we buy for TP and paper towels; most food also. I tend to buy dress shirts at Goodwill (not sure if that's considered "cheap" or not, they're name brand shirts after all). I recently tried out footwear at Walmart, and will give that up--go figure, got cheap results that I'm not sure I'm happy with. I've started using cheap oil from Walmart; not sure if there is cheaper motor oil out there (I realize name brand can be cheaper on rebate but you get the idea): but I stick with OEM filters as they are "cheap enough" at $4 per. I tried expensive tires (Michelin) and got poor results; haven't tried cheap tires but found that mid range seems good enough. I have a pair of eye glasses from the local shop (other side of $300) but buy spares and sunglasses online.

I think food is the one thing I won't buy cheap. It's not that it has to be name brand as much as it has to taste good. Most of the generic stuff just doesn't have the taste right.

Oh and cheap booze. Simply not going there!

Originally Posted by The_Eric

..and a good coffee is money well spent IMO, if coffee's your thing. Even though a can of Yuban "will do", it does not compare to a more costly craft roasted bean - there's a world of difference in flavour profile. To me coffee's like liquor, you get what you pay for.

A raging hangover?

Sure, if you drink to excess. But with your highly polarized, hyperbolic mind I can see how you can't distinguish between a drink or two and the whole bottle.

Oh yeah, reminds me of a friend who had a neighbor over who turned out to be a raging alcoholic. He had a bottle of vodka and the neighbor asked if he could have a sip of that. Before you know it, he drank the whole thing. So now we joke about having a sip of something.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
Idk, maybe I just like dry burgers. lol I blend in some salt, pepper, paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder, form into patties, and put them on the grill. I love them.

80/20 seems to be the perfect hamburger ratio of lean to fat for my taste. ^ I agree with the salt and pepper.......the rest of the recipe seems to be ingredients for a meat loaf.
Back on topic...: motorcycle tires, brake pads.

A raging hangover?

So...you have no sense of humor. Noted.

What is something you never buy cheap?

If it is Cost vs Performance, I would have to say optics. You will NEVER get high quality optics for a low price, never. You will never get MORE for LESS with optics, the best of these have higher contrast, show extreme clarity, have sealed tubes, never need alignment, are more portable and are lighter. ... I am referring to high quality rifle scopes.

A raging hangover?

So...you have no sense of humor. Noted.

Oh I do. If that was meant to be humorous, then obviously I missed it - my bad. I was going off your past history of making highly charged blanket type statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back