What Is Elon Going To Do With The $ From His Stock Sale ?

Besides paying an obscene amount of income and capital gains taxes from Elon's recent sale of up to 10% of his TSLA holdings, what do you suppose he will do with the extra cash in his bank account ? Pump it into SpaceX ?

Or, buy maybe buy a healthy chunk of Rivian stock today during the IPO ? Hmmmm......
The timing of his stock sale and the Rivian IPO is coincidental right ?

That Elon is whack. But then again when you have more money than God, maybe it's entertainment for him to spend it on gambling.

Clearly, he will turn it into Bitcoin and return to his host planet a rock star.

As said above - the plan has been in place since September - he needs the cash to pay taxes on stock options he has to exercise or lose.

Guy has an amazing ability to generate press - for doing billionaire stuff.

He might just be doing it to pay his tax bill so people will STHU and stop hating him for "not paying his fair share" of taxes, whatever that means. Like 55% isn't enough. It's not like forking several billion dollars over to Uncle Sam is going to cause him to start eating Ramen noodles and cheap hot dogs in order to pay his rent.

Or maybe pump billions into political campaigns against those who think they know better than him what to do with his well deserved fortune ?

Last edited:
He might just be doing it to pay his tax bill so people will STHU and stop hating him for "not paying his fair share" of taxes, whatever that means. Like 55% isn't enough. It's not like forking several billion dollars over to Uncle Sam is going to cause him to start eating Ramen noodles and cheap hot dogs in order to pay his rent.

Or maybe pump billions into political campaigns against those who think they know better than him what to do with his well deserved fortune ?
When you have that much wealth you would need to pay off or would be threaten by the political side of the world. You can buy a major media like Jeff Bezos did, or you can join the old boys club and do the frat rushing. I don't see Elon do the old boys club frat rushing, that's just not him, so most likely he'll buy a major media as a hedge on political defense.

He was going to help solve world hunger at one point... :)

Except the poeple trying to shame him, and shake him down for the money cant demonstrate with any transparency how they would spend it.

I hope Elon can shed light on this with this money and keep the pressure on to expose the waste.

Well since he moved his residence to Texas he will only pay capital gains at the Federal level.

My guess he's going to buy a freightliner , convert it into a big camper and travel North America

Are you saying the American government is NOT a lean well oiled machine? Never mind, dont want to be the reason a thread is shut down...

Well since he moved his residence to Texas he will only pay capital gains at the Federal level.

My guess he's going to buy a freightliner , convert it into a big camper and travel North America
Thats literally my dream...but wife has other plans, like me working until I die from stress

Back