What is BMW smoking?

I’ve known people who’ve had much better reliability with Mercedes over BMW. Yes, the Mercedes will cost a lot of $ to fix but the repairs are less frequent.

He even had some slight dislike for the E46 with probably the M54 motor. Not the worst by far. The double vanos was the start of the downfall.
Eh, M54 arent that bad. My parents brought a CPO 2003 330XI back in 2006. I think it had around 36k miles. They sold it in 2013 with 90k miles on it. The only major repair we had to do within the 7 years was the starter and ofc the Valve Cover Gasket. Other than normal maintenance, the car ran fine.

For my N52, I've done the Oil Filter Housing gasket ($20 part) and the Valve Cover Gasket ($25 ish). Other than normal maintenance like plugs, coils brakes, etc the car runs great. The cars only got 72k miles on it so I mean :ROFLMAO:

This is what I tell everyone that thinks about buying a BMW or any german car for that matter. I would only buy one if you know how to fix cars yourself and or are willing to learn, have deep ass pockets to get every single thing that can go bad on a German car fixed at the dealership or Indy, or have enough funds to buy a CPO/Brand new one.

If ya don't qualify for any of the top things I listed, don't buy one. Simple :D

Pfft, what a lazy, blithering idiot.
Anyone who knows anything, knows BMW's are no more difficult than any other car on the road today.
They just require a bit more attention.

For example, if you drive a Honda or Toyota you can skip out on transmission fluid changes, and nothing will really happen (my dad never changed his transmission fluid on his 1998 Toyota Camry that we sold last year with 195k miles on it and the transmission shifted fine). Skip out on things like this on a BMW, you'll be sorry.

Fluid changes are part of normal maintenance items that a lot of people tend to skip. But usually on Asian cars skipping transmission fluid service won't do much harm from what I've heard.

Good thing that guy isn't a doctor or something.

"Sick people. Nothing but trouble. I can amputate their arm if they get a hangnail, or maybe they should just die. Hate dealing with sick people, even though it's my job, and I get paid lots of money to see them."

That said, the folks in BMW's marketing trying to be snarky, or just edgy is just another example of a company that used to have a much better grasp of its identity, a self-assurance (some would say arrogance), and how to conduct itself. "This is who we are, what we stand for, and what makes us different from our competitors. The Ultimate Driving Machine. Freude am Fahren." Now, not so much, trying too hard, and trying to evoke the past is kind of hollow, because our cars don't drive like that any more.

That said (x2), I do find the iX interesting, and probably one of their few current models I'd consider buying new.

BTW, OP, the curved ramp that it drives up in the video is the first turn every new owner negotiates after having their vehicle delivered, except they drive down it to exit onto the street. All of those cars in the latter half of the video are parked in the Welt delivery area.

The current marketing products coming from BMW have not gone over well with long time enthusiasts. BMW like everyone else understands that money must be made in electrification. The regulatory regime is pushing them that way and the younger buyers who are BMW's target market prefer the convenience of EV. They're not really interested in design or driving dynamics. They're box checkers of a different type where they place an emphasis on interior software features rather than exterior features.

Back