What is a fair price for a used 3090 pre-built?

Just getting a feel for what the current market sentiment is. The specs of an available HP Omen 30L PC in question:

i7-11700K
120mm RGB liquid CPU cooler
Z590 MOBO
HyperX 8GB 3733 RGB RAM (single stick)
GeForce RTX 3090 GPU
256GB WD Black M.2 2280 SSD w/heatsink
Cooler Master 800W PSU
Windows 11 Home
Tower only, no accessories or monitor.

Even though it is an HP, there seems to be zero proprietary parts that I can find.

The computer is verified to be less than 6 months old, advertised as zero issues.

This exact PC and configuration was available as of just a few days ago on HP's website (new) for $3,319.99 plus tax, so about $3,600 after tax depending on where you live. It is now out of stock.

Asking price is $2700. Obviously the cheaper the better, but I want to be realistic. Is it worth it? Looking for raw opinions/WWYD?

Just getting a feel for what the current market sentiment is. The specs of an available HP Omen 30L PC in question:

i7-11700K
120mm RGB liquid CPU cooler
Z590 MOBO
HyperX 8GB 3733 RGB RAM (single stick)
GeForce RTX 3090 GPU
256GB WD Black M.2 2280 SSD w/heatsink
Cooler Master 800W PSU
Windows 11 Home
Tower only, no accessories or monitor.

Even though it is an HP, there seems to be zero proprietary parts that I can find.

The computer is verified to be less than 6 months old, advertised as zero issues.

This exact PC and configuration was available as of just a few days ago on HP's website (new) for $3,319.99 plus tax, so about $3,600 after tax depending on where you live. It is now out of stock.

Asking price is $2700. Obviously the cheaper the better, but I want to be realistic. Is it worth it? Looking for raw opinions/WWYD?

That much, only 1 stick of 8GB's of ram and a 256GB hard drive. What a joke. Did the seller rob the computer of parts and is looking for the sucker that thinks the GeForce RTX 3090 GPU makes up for it?

Does the GPU mean that much to you?

Look at the gaming desktops at MicroCenter.com. They are a brick & mortar and somewhat sell online. Too bad there isn't one near you.

Look for gaming desktops and look into PC builders on their site.

It's not horribly high, but about 10% more than I'd want to pay. The GPU is at least $1500 today. The CPU and MOBO is $600-700 depending on where you get it. I'm not sure the rest is worth and additional $500+

Windows license is worthless as you don't know if it's valid, so I wouldn't consider that in the value.
The power supply, RAM and SSD are about another $250.

Liquid cooler is another $100

I wouldn't part with more than $2400 for it, and I'd try to get it for $2000 if it were something I was interested in buying.
It's used, so unless it's just something you have to have, I'd be hard pressed to want to go over $2400 for that pile of components in a case.
The only reason I'd be willing to go up to $2400 is because buying the same kit new involves sales tax which is in the 5-10% range. So buying the components or a new system with these components is going to be 5-10% more when the sales tax is included.

That could be an additional $120-240 you pay on top of the sticker price.

Using PC Part Picker and picking in stock, midrange’ish (by midrange I mean I picked a $160 Asus z590 board over a $250 board) parts that are otherwise identical to what you listed, it would be ~$980 for that computer not including the GPU. If we throw in the cheapest in stock 3090 (EVGA FTW3 Ultra at Amazon) for $1800 we come out to $2,780.

Guy is basically asking for new pricing on arguably used components.

this an ex-mining machine?

I'd say $1800 max.
Negatives:
Used probably ran full out mining for 6 months.
coolermaster PSU isnt great.
8GB ram
Small SSD

Also could have Fake GPU in it or something shady what is your process for return and money back.

Both the Intel and AMD cpu options for that on HP's website is just under $2,700 brand new - granted the Intel one is out of stock while the AMD one is ready. For that I'd offer no more than $2500 if it was in brand new-shape with zero scratches or issues.

I'm kind of surprised. I figured most people would have a javacontour type sentiment. I didn't think everyone was going to go full blown skyactiv on this. Wonder if the stock market prices today are having a full moon effect? :LOL:

Jokes aside, thank you all for your input. I did ask for raw opinions. I was thinking it was about 5-10% too high. I'm not interested in it personally but a friend is and I didn't want to give just one biased opinion.

Last edited:
It was most likely bought for the GTX3090 alone and that GPU got pulled for mining, hence such anemic specs besides the GPU. It was pretty much the only way to acquire these high end GPUs beside camping outside a micro center or Best Buy.

I would be careful. The crypto market is collapsing and people will be unloading their systems and GPUs.

GeForce RTX 3090 GPU
I would skip this one and go for the 3080 Ti. I got one, and it's fantastic. The exact amount of horsepower as the 3090 runs cooler and takes only two slots. The 3090 Ti is also an option as they fixed all the reliability issues they had with the 3090. Yes, the 3080 Ti has *only* 12GB of GDDR6X. However, unless you're doing scientific computations or running Skynet on your desktop PC, it's more than enough for just about anything.

Side note, I'm talking about the Founders Edition GPUs here.

Back