What investment will keep up with inflation that is not the stock market? Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is we don't seem to remember yesterday. I bought my first house in 1976 there was a boom/ shortage just like what is happing and maybe ending now. 1984 there was a slight boom. 200 to 2006 there was another boom . artificially low interest rates . there seems to be an around ten year boom bust cycle . There is good times to buy a house and bad times to buy a house . Just like the stock market.

Empty houses being used merely for investment purposes. Did you read the thread?
Yep, every word. I live in a capitalist country where I am allowed to own a house as an investment. And "merely", did you really use that word so clearly out of context?
If I own an empty house it is mine to do as I please with. I don't live in a communist country where the government can force me to house the masses in something I own, or to force me to dispose of it because of confiscatory taxes. Even the people in California spoke with Proposition 13 to keep the State from taking property by ever increasing taxes.

It's funny that you blame the regulators not the people. The real solution is to build more housing.
And what's wrong with profit?

Excessive profit and everyone looses, used to be a variety of laws that put caps on this nonsense.

If you pay too little or too much on a large investment it creates real lasting damage even up to market failures

Yep, every word. I live in a capitalist country where I am allowed to own a house as an investment. And "merely", did you really use that word so clearly out of context?
If I own an empty house it is mine to do as I please with.

The US has one of the most worthless legal frameworks for private home ownership in the developed world which makes a statement to foreigners that we are stupid and they take advantage of our stupidity by extracting wealth out of our home sector.

It is fair to expect property to be mostly occupied and taken care of.

And luxury taxes that occur on absentee owners are common in most capitalist countries, nothing to do with communism, plain and simple there are a lot of bad behaviors that occur when you don’t put small roadblocks keeping folks from owning 5 empty houses unless they want to $$$$

And even more importantly on large property management companies that can ruin entire markets via ownership mismanagement of 100000+ properties (like Titan properties the most worthless scourge in the nation simply operating to extract gov money)

Other 1st world countries understand the pitfalls of unfertted housing manipulation and do small things to reduce it, here we are simply too ignorant and arrogant to do things that are in our best interest, because freedom.

Last edited:
Excessive profit and everyone looses, used to be a variety of laws that put caps on this nonsense.

If you pay too little or too much on a large investment it creates real lasting damage even up to market failures
Yes, we live a Nation of laws and regulations designed for the benefit of all.

If I own an empty house it is mine to do as I please with. I don't live in a communist country where the government can force me to house the masses in something I own, or to force me to dispose of it because of confiscatory taxes. Even the people in California spoke with Proposition 13 to keep the State from taking property by ever increasing taxes.
You can use your empty house however you like? How is the anthrax factory in the basement going? :) Neighbors might be a bit troubled when the atomic bomb you working on in attic goes off. ;) Right, we can do whatever we like. It Amerika!! :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back