What if you got an old Muscle Car for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of yours wins the lotto and says he will buy you an old muscle car as a gift.

What would you chose?

I think I would like a 69-71 Chevelle SS

I took this picture at Barrett Jackson in January. I wouldn't say no to a GTO

[Linked Image]

Any of the high end Mustang variants from 68 through 71. One with a racing history would be quite nice.

[Linked Image from st.hotrod.com]

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Last edited:
'67 GT500.

But I wouldn't mind any old school muscle car.

Originally Posted by ZZman
A friend of yours wins the lotto and says he will buy you an old muscle car as a gift.

What would you chose?

1969 Mach 1 Mustang with 351W.

I'd tell him to keep his money, and not blow it like most lotto player winners do.

If I want an old muscle car, I'll buy one.

Originally Posted by ZZman

I have always said a 1970 1/2 Chevelle in Hugger Orange, with the dual white racing stripes down the middle. Gotta be a manual, and honestly the engine doesn't matter to me. Just give me one that has had a full restoration to brand new specs using the correct parts.

2nd place (if the lottery friend is feeling REALLY generous): same conditions above in terms of restoration, a 1963 split rear window Corvette.

A first gen RS/SS Camaro is something I have always loved.

I also have always liked the '67-68 Fastback Mustang, as well as a 2nd gen Trans-Am (loved Smokey and the Bandit as a kid).

I would have a hard choice though having to decide if I would want an "original", a modern update or a complete resto-mod.

If it was already a numbers matching vehicle, then I would keep it that way for sure.
If it had a replacement engine and such or was in bad shape already, sticking a built 427, better transmission, suspension and braking would be an option for sure.
But going full resto-mod with a modern V8 and other components would make a great daily driver with the looks of the early muscle cars.

But thinking about it, I thing as original as possible would probably be what I would want.

I don't have any friends that are foolish enough to play the lottery (and it's not available here). Even if I did, I'd refuse a gift like that. It's a waste of someone else's money.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Would not turn down a blue '69 Camaro with a 302 but my dream car since I was 12 has always been an early XKE convertible in red with tan leather.

I have wanted an E-type since high school(many years ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back