What if there was no more GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not think it would happen but if for some reason GC was no longer for sale in the U.S. and you did not have any in your stash, what oil would you use?

quote:

Originally posted by 74 Laguna:
I really do not think it would happen but if for some reason GC was no longer for sale in the U.S. and you did not have any in your stash, what oil would you use?

Sorry, I posted this under the wrong section, maybe it will be moved to the correct place.

I'll try Esso 0W30 XD-3 or revert to Mobil 1 if my stock of GC (current stock = 40 Litres
grin.gif
) can't be replenished any more.

Using Mobil 0W-40 already since I can get it cheaper than GC (no $1-$2 price at AZ for me!)

Not really a big difference to me, price or otherwise.

Terry has been hinting that Molakule has been developing a line of oils that are currently undergoing testing.

Im seriously hoping that they will have a OW-20 coming out in the near future as well as lubricants for other Honda needs such as Transmission fluid and perhaps some gear oil for the rear diff.

It wouldnt hurt my feelings if the Pennzoil Platinum line turned into a full synthetic and was a slam dunk winner.

Until then, we will have to live with Schaeffers, Redline, and Royal Purple in the 30 viscosity offerings. Im not yet convinced that the new sinclair PAO synthetic might not surprise some people.

GO MOLAKULE AND HURRY

Happy Motoring All,

cool.gif

Bugshu

PS

Since you are from LaJunta that means that both of us are probably close enough to Molakule to go meet him as it would only be a day trip event.

We ought to volunteer a vehicles to be a test mule for the new Molakule Oil so he can do some UOA's for them and inspect the cars.

Happy Motoring All,

cool.gif

Bugshu

quote:

Originally posted by 74 Laguna:

If GC goes the way of the dodo, I will use one of the following in my VW:

1. M1 0w40
2. BC 5w40
3. Valvoline Synpower 5w40
4. M1 5w40 T&SUV
5. Shell Rotella T 5w40 or 15w40
6. M1 EP 10w40 or 15w50
7. Castrol Syntec 5w30, 5w50, or 20w50
8. Amsoil European Car formula 5w40
9. Chevron Delo 15w40
10. Mobil Delvac 15w40

In that order
smile.gif

Well...I am new to the GC game......have 22 quarts sitting in the garage and have developed a bad habit of stopping at every AZ and going through all of their Castrol looking for it....quite annoying to my wife.....but to answer your question.... I have a modified 2004 GTO LS1 w/oil cooler&dual filter 8 quart capacity....
1. 5 qts Amsoil 5-30 3 qts Amsoil 10-40
2. Mobil 1 0-40
3. Castrol GTX (same mix as the Amsoil.
4. Mobil 1 0-30 Extreme.
5. Pennzoil 40

I've often thought about this, but haven't come to a complete decision yet (and by the time my GC supply runs out there could be new choices too)

But I would consider the following for my Corvette:

Esso 0w30
M1 0w40
Syntec 5w40

No one forwards this to the Elves right?
nono.gif

1. Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30

2. Amsoil Euro 5W-40

3. Mobil 1 SuperSyn European Car Formula 0W-40

4. Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-40

5. Castrol Syntec 5W-40 (BC)

I would love to try the 0w40 Castrol if it were here! I'm betting that it's very similar to GC 0w30. It's not that far off in viscosity either, being 12.9 cst at 100c, versus 12.2 for GC.

It's got me wondering at present.

I'm running the 0W-40 Castrol (3700mi) after 6000miles of M1 0W-40, and have dropped over 1MPG. In spite of 10% lower viscosity @100C.

Will do M1 again post this to see what it does.

Cost benefit, it's nearly worth swapping back to M1 to see how it goes.

Hummmm, at the current rate of my oci's I have 3yrs of oil to use before even getting to my stash of GC. Then when my planned oci with GC it should last another 2 1/2yrs. Think I'll wait 5 years and decide then...and hope BITOG is still around.

bgin

All this talk about what people would use if GC goes away makes me really nervous.

I'm going to AZ after work and snag some more, maybe ask the manager to order 6 cases for me.

It would be my kind of luck that now that I've found a good oil for my car and my wife's car that it would disappear shortly thereafter.

I guess if I had to right now I might go M1 0W-40, maybe take a look at some of the M1 EP oils.

Not gonna happen and I have way over a year and 1/2 supply but....for the 3800 Series II..

Amsoil 10W-30 ATM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back