What if GC changes again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking, how would you guys know if Castrol changed GC again?

Obviously, the green to gold was a no brainer. But what if they change the gold formula (for the worse
mad.gif
)? Will anyone notice in time?

At the very least, lets hope they keep making GC in G
grin.gif

Lilac is the next GC color. You know, kinda purply and cozy.
The wife won't get ****ed if it spills on the driveway...
smile.gif

Scott

Hoping for the best here but: Someone at the top of Castrol has to know that GC Gold is really good stuff and probably the #1 reason why it is so popular out here in the Americas.

Based on that, they also know that when we (Educated BITOG members) stack up carts of German Castrol other people (uneducated) see that and will buy Castrol as well.

I'm betting the formulation won't change, especially if it comes from Germany. But that is hoping for the best. BMW Dealerships in the USA use hydrocracked group III oils so who knows what could happen?!?!

Probably would switch to Amsoil or Mobil 0w40 in that case.

I hope it does change! I hope they all change. I want them all to just keep getting better. You know, slickery-er.

Goodness, if it changes again pscholte will be needing a storage facility to house all the new "little soldiers" and the time he spends helping us understand the elvin way will be split again.

Oh, where will it end?

OriginHacker21
Where does the information that the BMW oil is group III come from? The bottles say 100% full synthetic. It meets ACAE A3/B4 for the 5w-30.

According to my information - BMW Oil 5w30 is Castrol TXT softec. I believe it runs 12.2cst @ 100c so it is pretty heavy.

Although it is group III it does meet the A3 and HTHS of 3.5 so it is a pretty good oil.

Softec

As for BMW Dealers in the US using Castrol TXT Softec - I got that from several BMW forums and web sites.

Please correct me if I am wrong or if you know something else
grin.gif

Lots of Easter egg dye will be sold cheap after April 17th. We might get a nice blue this time. That company can't be trusted any more as the sales and PR dept has taken over the engineering group.

quote:

Originally posted by John Hilmer:
Goodness, if it changes again pscholte will be needing a storage facility to house all the new "little soldiers" and the time he spends helping us understand the elvin way will be split again.

Oh, where will it end?

The little soldiers went "a-warring"
To keep our cylinders from scoring
The Elves knew this is why we buy
And so better formulae they'd try

They know they cannot let us down
And so their tribological renown
They never fail to patiently apply
So that little soldiers will not die

And if that means new rooms we build
With GC to be fully filled
Then that is just what we must do
To stock with Green or Gold...or Blue!

Well, I have to say, I have green, gold M0534, and Gold M06...and the two golds smell totally different to me. Anyone else notice this?

It's not a question of "if" GC will change, it's only a matter of "when."

twak.gif

Maybe they will put the "newly acclaimd" add pack form GTX in it. hahha

If GC changes, or id discontinued there are plenty of otheroils on the shelf that I would get.

As for now, GC rules for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back