What if Chrysler/Fiat fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Daimler/Benz could not make it with Chrysler how can Fiat which does not build a quality product last together?If they broke up Chrysler would another company take pieces of another?Joe

They will fail. Fiat is the last auto company in Europe for Chrysler to hook up with. They have the lowest quality rating of the EUropean auto makers. Only a government official would think this is good.

Ze Germans only wanted to drain Chrysler dry of its cash and then sold the company off to a Capital corporation which couldn't do much with how bad shape the company was in.

FIAT is looking to bring their products back to North America and also looking to expand their business. This IMO is one of the reasons Chrysler will not fail. It will be bumpy in the begining but it will succeed if you ask me.

My dad who is an imigrant to this country from Italy and a retired auto-worker from Chrysler is excited about it!

Well, if they can pull off some small high MPG clean/green-diesel cars that are competitive to the Volkswagen TDI clean-diesel in performance, power, and safety then I will take a look. Supposedly that is one area of technology Fiat is going to share is their small diesel stuff. But honestly,I think I still would trust VW more for a small diesel than I would Fiat and not just because we have one, but because as mentioned above Fiat does not have the rep in Europe as being quality focused, or at least they haven't in the past.

They will succeed. Fiat knows how to build small fuel efficient cars while Chrysler knows how to build trucks. It's GM that will fail.

I wish Toyota and Honda would wake up and bring their diesel engine technology here. In every other part of the world there are little and not so little Toyota diesel truck everywhere. The general American public needs to be re-educated on the latest diesel technology and forget about the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I wish Toyota and Honda would wake up and bring their diesel engine technology here. In every other part of the world there are little and not so little Toyota diesel truck everywhere. The general American public needs to be re-educated on the latest diesel technology and forget about the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Honda had a '09 Accord diesel lined up but didn't roll it out for whatever reason.

Don't believe that "stuff" about Fiat not building great cars. Not true. This is the same "stuff" you hear about French Renault. Although I don't drive Fiat's when in Europe, I do lease Renault Lagunas, every trip, and they are great cars. Never had any problems with them in twenty years of leasing Renaults.

Originally Posted By: Dually
If Daimler/Benz could not make it with Chrysler how can Fiat which does not build a quality product last together?If they broke up Chrysler would another company take pieces of another?Joe

Oh, please. Daimler never intended to make a go of it with Chrysler. A handful of Chrysler share holders and management knew that then and sued to have the "merger" stopped--to no avail. Chrysler was in the best financial condition in the late 90s it had been in in 50 years. Daimler took them over and then bled them dry, and then unloaded the eviscerated carcass of a once great American car maker.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

They have a huge market share and IMO could make a huge impact on what people drive as most of the owners of Toyota go back to Toyota for life and will buy pretty much anything Toyota. (Yes I know some have not had this experience, don't need to hear about it.)

Can you imagine a super efficient diesel like VW has but with the Toyota name on it? They would be stupid not to IMO... Why not have a Diesel Hybrid? Would have some crazy insane MPG rating and they could market it to the Hybrid "I'm saving the environment" hippies!

Also on the point of FIAT. I heard from my dad's connections at Chrysler that the new 500/500-Abarth is going to be produced in Brampton, Ontario! I will be one of the first to get one of these puppies and keep it as my Summer Car!
20.gif
Can't Wait!

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Junior
The failure can't come fast enough.

And why is that?
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Oh, please. Daimler never intended to make a go of it with Chrysler. A handful of Chrysler share holders and management knew that then and sued to have the "merger" stopped--to no avail. Chrysler was in the best financial condition in the late 90s it had been in in 50 years. Daimler took them over and then bled them dry, and then unloaded the eviscerated carcass of a once great American car maker.

AMEN

Last edited:

G.M. gave the bad reputation to diesel engines.

Originally Posted By: Junior
The failure can't come fast enough.

And why is that?
smirk2.gif

Because I want the government out of the private sector so the free market can work. Businesses that are uncompetitive should be allowed to fail not artificially propped up by the government. I am opposed to all the government bailout and entitlement programs. Not to mention I view the executive branch's interference the the corporate bankruptcy proceedings illegal.

Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy

AMEN

AMEN X2!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
Don't believe that "stuff" about Fiat not building great cars. Not true. This is the same "stuff" you hear about French Renault. Although I don't drive Fiat's when in Europe, I do lease Renault Lagunas, every trip, and they are great cars. Never had any problems with them in twenty years of leasing Renaults.

I don't know why they have that reputation. I have seen people driving FIATs from the 60-s and 70-s which ran well. Ugly as sin but very sturdy cars.

And then you have the Alpha Romeos which are a whole different class and loved by their owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back