What I learned at the movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Ventilation ducts are always big enough and strong enough to allow a hero a route to escape or access the villain or damsel in distress.

They weren't in Mall Cop.

An alien invasion or major meteor strike never happens in New Zealand (I am so pleased with this)...or Madagascar,Indonesia,anywhere in Africa.Um,actually these things only occur in one country in the whole world.....

Originally Posted By: Silk
An alien invasion or major meteor strike never happens in New Zealand (I am so pleased with this)...or Madagascar,Indonesia,anywhere in Africa.Um,actually these things only occur in one country in the whole world.....

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: olddognewtrks
All cars, no matter what the design, fishtail wildly around every corner, even FWD's like a Taurus. Brakes always squeak/squeal as a car comes to a halt. Huge luxury cars and Crown Vics can keep up with any other vehicle in the universe. If, however, a van or truck blocks the good guys, the pursuit is abandoned, with no further effort from the good guys, nor any radio call. Standoffs with everyone pointing guns at each other never end in anyone getting shot. The main characters enter situations with only basic vests, if any, no helmets, and carrying only sidearms, while the SWAT guys are dressed and armed for a small war. Good guys always telegraph coming around corners, either by shadow or showing their gun; by the time they turn the corner they could be shot multiple times. Oh, and one last thing-cops in suits and dress shoes can always outrun a skinny young street punk on speed.

What else, gang????

Thats so from 24.

If two law enforcement agencies have to work together there is always tension. The "other" agency will either be a bunch of buffoons or super rigid and by the book, the main agency will be the opposite.

If airplanes are involved they will be parked in such a manner to be aesthetically pleasing and not practical, often parked pointing toward each other or at a slight angle.

Hangers and warehouses will either be jam packed with random stuff or nearly empty. They are never organized.

Industrial buildings and factories will always have someone in the background grinding and welding on something shooting copious amount of sparks out.

Also, why is that people who report being abducted by aliens and taken away for examination always come from Podunk (pick a state) and have a third grade education and weigh 300 or more pounds? "yep, sucked me right outa ma car with a beam a light, they did. And they put a radio up my nose!"

Wouldn't the aliens want a brilliant scientist or a weapons expert?

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Also, why is that people who report being abducted by aliens and taken away for examination always come from Podunk (pick a state) and have a third grade education and weigh 300 or more pounds? "yep, sucked me right outa ma car with a beam a light, they did. And they put a radio up my nose!"

For that matter, why would aliens who could cross dimensions, etc, etc, etc want to visit a people who can not?

And then there is that whole "probe" thing...
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
For that matter, why would aliens who could cross dimensions, etc, etc, etc want to visit a people who can not?

You just pointed out the best reason I can think of.

Quote:
And then there is that whole "probe" thing...
crackmeup2.gif

Those aliens are curious pranksters.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels

You just pointed out the best reason I can think of.

+1

When someone is looking through binoculars and the camera is showing us what they are looking at, there are 2 distinct circles representing "binoculars".

If you manage to escape from your evil zombie like psycho-killer (feel free to insert evil diabolical anti-social type), you can run very fast, yet he will always be no more than 2 seconds behind you in line of sight ..all while just walking with a determined gate..and no matter what path you choose, with plenty of options, he will always find you.

The goofy comic relief will have some unusual hobby that belies his totally goofy persona.

In horror movies, the girl (and not the boy) always ventures out of the bedroom to find the source of the mysterious and threatening sound.

Originally Posted By: Boomer

eh...methinks it is the govt. trying to figure out what is it that makes these fellas whatever they are
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back