What I do when I'm not obsessing about oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is me 2 weekends ago riding my mountain bike on the trails of Monte Sano Mt. in Huntsville, AL.

-

wait a minute.. your still obessive with oil while riding the bike!! Doesn't your bike need oil too? What kind of oil do you use? I use used Motor Oil to lube up my Gary Fisher Mountain bike!! Works great.

Well, I use a "dry lube" on the chain & Park Tools grease where applicable.

Oh, yeah the air fork does use oil in one leg. I think it's 10W or 20W, I've got the service manual somewhere. It is still on '03 factory fill fork oil.
nono.gif
Now I'm going to have to obsess over changing it. Thanks for the reminder.

BTW, I had a '99 Gary Fisher Aquila steel hardtail before getting the Ellsworth in the photo. I'll post a pic of my old Fisher.

**** .........no elbow pads..knee pads.....ouch thats gotta hurt if and when you fall.

At any rate I envy you and where you live to be able to do that type of riding.
I'm too old and wore out for it. BAd knees.

Hey man, those are sweet pics.. i'll try to get a pic of mine too.. I have a really old one.. tis 3-4 years old and I bought it used from a friend.. It had no rims because it was ran over by a car and the rims were bent as **** .. so i got new ones.. the bike is back home in michigan.. i miss it.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
This is me 2 weekends ago riding my mountain bike on the trails of Monte Sano Mt. in Huntsville, AL.

-

Whoa dude,you just split that log with your bike
shocked.gif
!

I have a 2004 Specialized HardRock Sport (Metallic Silver) myself. I'm using Havoline 5W-30 for chain lube. Wonder what you folks are using?

I just got into biking. I got a Giant Cypress for xmas. I don't know what kind of oil to use on the chain though. This is my first real bike. I did take it to the shop for a tune up. he used some kind of dry lube from a can on the chain? he said something about teflon.
shocked.gif

A warm sunny day in N. AL. yesterday = A mountain bike ride!
smile.gif

-

[ February 27, 2005, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: wavinwayne ]

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
Is that cheaha??

No, that picture was taken on the Huntsville Land Trust "Railroad trail", which is on the West side of Monte Sano Mt.

If you ever get the itch to ride down here, IM me through this forum. You can find great maps of Monte Sano at http://www.briartech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back