What happens to all the assets of companies that leave Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil companies that have announced shutting down in Russia. So what happens to their assets in that country? Does Russia just nationalize it and take it over? Or does everything get dismantled and hauled off?

I don't see Russia just sitting by while BP shuts down oilfields? Just have natives go in there and seize everything(this is a war, right?) so what good is it for a company to "divest" itself of operations in another country? (unless it is a third world hell hole that does not know how to develop an oilfield)

Surely Russia has war times power act, like how the U.S. Government forced GM to build ventilator machines.

It's a poop-sandwich without the bread. Would just be happy if everything could just be e normal; now I don't know what that really means, but not having global nuclear war would be just fine and dandy to me. Tired of all the bad news, just want to hear something good in the world

It's a poop-sandwich without the bread. Would just be happy if everything could just be e normal; now I don't know what that really means, but not having global nuclear war would be just fine and dandy to me. Tired of all the bad news, just want to hear something good in the world
Radiation eliminated the Sars type of virus'

History always repeats itself. Not the first time a company announced to leave Russian Market in last 30-50 years. 9 times out of 10 that company makes it a publicity stunt, then does some equivalent of "badge-engineering", and boom it's back on the market to keep collecting profits under a different name. So I doubt that they'll need to remove any equipment from there.

Putin already announced that they'd be nationalizing the assets of any foreign company that pulls out. I feel bad for everyday, younger Russians who didn't grow up in the Soviet Union and have been used to Western products and services that are suddenly being yanked away for a stupid conflict. Not to mention worthless currency.

That's what Russia will become when it implodes after most of the rest of the world cuts them off from everything.
Yep, we did that severe sanction thing to choke Japan in 1940 for their aggression in China.

We older folks had parents who told us how well that worked for us.

Yep, we did that severe sanction thing to choke Japan in 1940 for their aggression in China.

We older folks had parents who told us how well that worked for us.
We, as in the majority of the world, or we as in just the USA? Countries back then were more self reliant than they are today - which is one of this county's big vulnerabilities.

Time will tell just how self reliant Russia is when they are severely cut-off from doing business with the rest of the world, and the people within feel the pain of a dictator.

We, as in the majority of the world, or we as in just the USA? Countries back then were more self reliant than they are today - which is one of this county's big vulnerabilities.

Time will tell just how self reliant Russia is when they are severely cut-off from doing business with the rest of the world, and the people within feel the pain of a dictator.
The return of "Caca Cola"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back