what happened with "ARX fixes everything"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent seen much of ARX posings in a while, was all over the place a few years ago. What happened?

Nobody ever said "x fixes everything" where x= kreen, ARX, motor flush, SLOB, LC20, etc.

Each has its own mechanism and potential beneficial uses.

ARX is one of the products that can do good things and provide benefit in some cases, doing it safely and soundly.

Doesnt mean it is a miracle elixir. The only real miracle cure is a complete detailed teardown with cleaning of every single part in a parts bath, then rebuild.

Originally Posted By: handyman
Last year's news, Now Kreen fixes everything.

+1

But I would write "now people CLAIM Kreen fixes everything."

People may have wanted ARX to do things no additive can do. Although, I had a good experience with ARX and would use it again.

In my case, I put ARX in a used car I had just bought. During the rinse phase, gunk was definitely coming out of somewhere, because the oil got super black very fast.

Things are cyclical on forums. Who knows what miracle cure will be popular in a year or two.

Last edited:
Hey, I used ARX exactly as directed for 3 full cycles on my 'problem' truck. No changes.

Kreen did more in 30 minutes of driving than ARX ever did.

For me, in my application, Kreen worked. ARX did not.

YMMV

There are some products that work better than others. I really do think Kreen has a valuable use and edge over ARx. I have even had good results with MMO.

That being said, there are a lot of oils now that will clean as well as ARx or MMO. If you NEED Kreen you have a sludged up vehicle, there are few engines that need the solvency of kreen.

Because it does not work for 1 person in 1 case has been unfairly extrapolated into "it doesn't do anything for anybody" which I have found not to be the case.

Must of the dislike surrounds the dealings with the marketer IMHO.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
There are some products that work better than others. I really do think Kreen has a valuable use and edge over ARx. I have even had good results with MMO.

That being said, there are a lot of oils now that will clean as well as ARx or MMO. If you NEED Kreen you have a sludged up vehicle, there are few engines that need the solvency of kreen.

What oil's clean as well as ARx or MMO.

Originally Posted By: Bayman
Originally Posted By: chubbs1

What oil's clean as well as ARx or MMO.

Probably any decent synthetic...........
45.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
People discovered it didn't.

LOL exactly.

Oversold, many people disillusioned, attitude from the company Head, too expensive, other products that are easier to use. etc. etc.

Auto-Rx hasn't let me down yet. Fantastic product that I'll always have on hand for myself and friends should a problem arise.

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
People discovered it didn't.

LOL exactly.

Yes!

Originally Posted By: expat
Oversold, many people disillusioned, attitude from the company Head, too expensive, other products that are easier to use. etc. etc.

And yes again. There are better cheaper products, that don't take in some cases a year or more to complete the "clean/rinse" phases, and they'll do it with any oil, no need to stop using synthetic oil if you prefer to use it. Opinions and results obviously vary.

There are those who prefer not to put solvents in their engines' oil.
MMO is a solvent, and Kreen is a strong one.
ARX is an ester-based product that will clean safely over time.
I would hesitate to use MMO in engine oil, although I know that many, including you have done so for years with no ill effects noted.
I would only use Kreen if an engine were really badly sludged up enough that the product represented a last resort short of teardown or replacement.
I've used ARX in four engines and saw positive effects in all of them.
ARX had its moment in the sun, as have many other products on this site.
The fact that it isn't the darling of the moment doesn't mean it has no value or doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back