what happened with "ARX fixes everything"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I would only use Kreen if an engine were really badly sludged up enough that the product represented a last resort short of teardown or replacement.

No offence but this anti solvent rhetoric is exactly what the owner of ARX preaches.
After going through over 5 gallons of Kreen (all bought at retail) using 12 -16 oz per engine over a year and a half not one engine has developed any sort of lubrication related failure. The combined accumulated mileage is many tens of thousands of miles with one engine going over 20K alone.

It has significantly reduced or stopped oil consumption in many of them and quietened all but one noisy hydraulic lifter that had mechanical damage.
Varnish and carbon removal is this product strong point.
Kreen is hardly a last ditch effort to be used on engines that are almost in the trash anyway.

My less than positive experiences with ARX are well known and posted about so i will leave it at that.
The ARX NO money back Guarantee is another story.

Nice, Trav.

It's important to note that with all the different usage, fuels, and platforms that no ONE product is going to cure everyone's ills.

But if you have sludge, carbon, etc., and you drive a typical automobile with higher mileage Kreen simply works.

Originally Posted By: Bayman
Do you guys see auto-rx making a comeback.

It has its followers, but at somewhere around the cost of 25+/- times more than MMO I don't see how it could. It certainly doesn't clean 25 times better, in fact in my experience it didn't clean as well. Seems Trav and a few others feel the same way. But it does have value to those who might fear "solvents", or had good results with it. In the end if a product works for you, and you can afford to buy it, stick with it, if it doesn't work move on.

No offense taken, Trav.
I'm always willing to learn from others' experiences.
You have had very satisfactory experience with Kreen, and have no problems to report.
You've put your money (and your engines) where your mouth is, and I respect that experience.
Maybe I should try Kreen?
I thought ARX did pretty well where I used it, but maybe Kreen would be a significant improvement?
I could give it a try in my beater lawnmower, and see what happens, and go from there.
I could even try it in one of the old cars, just for the sake of satisfying my curiosity.
I'll admit that I've been tempted to try Kreen.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: handyman
Last year's news, Now Kreen fixes everything.

+1

But I would write "now people CLAIM Kreen fixes everything."

And if you dispute such a claim, well.....

If someone has a negative experience with Kreen then i sincerely hope they post about it.
When i started with this product there was very little info on the web about it, its been all trial on my end. Any input is helpful and useful, positive or negative.
I did use it on a few engines before i posted about it as i also had no idea what was going to happen.

My first test mule a 95 Toyota 1.5 has been running it constantly and this engine seemed tired. It has shown dramatic improvements in reduced oil consumption with no strange noises or loss of oil pressure whatsoever.
It has been over dosed, beaten on and basically abused but it just keeps going like nothing happened.
I was willing to sacrifice this little engine but as it turned out it seems like it will be around many more years.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

It has its followers, but at somewhere around the cost of 25+/- times more than MMO I don't see how it could. It certainly doesn't clean 25 times better, in fact in my experience it didn't clean as well. Seems Trav and a few others feel the same way. But it does have value to those who might fear "solvents", or had good results with it. In the end if a product works for you, and you can afford to buy it, stick with it, if it doesn't work move on.

Auto-rx is 25 times more expensive than MMO, then auto-rx should clean better than MMO, why is auto-rx so expensive.

If this auto-rx product has value, then where is this product more superior than MMO or Kreen, meaning does it have an advantage in certain situations.

Can anyone tell me when this product fell out of favor on this board and the reasons it is no longer popular.

Auto-rx is 25 times more expensive than MMO, then auto-rx should clean better than MMO, why is auto-rx so expensive.

If this auto-rx product has value, then where is this product more superior than MMO or Kreen, meaning does it have an advantage in certain situations.

Can anyone tell me when this product fell out of favor on this board and the reasons it is no longer popular.

Try using the search engine. Plan on spending sometime reading, then you decide. That horse has been beaten to death here.

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
People discovered it didn't.

LOL exactly.

Yes!

Originally Posted By: expat
Oversold, many people disillusioned, attitude from the company Head, too expensive, other products that are easier to use. etc. etc.

And yes again. There are better cheaper products, that don't take in some cases a year or more to complete the "clean/rinse" phases, and they'll do it with any oil, no need to stop using synthetic oil if you prefer to use it. Opinions and results obviously vary.

The clean cycle on my Suburban was close to 4 years. The rinse cycle was much less.

Living in California has some advantages, no snow therefore no salt on the roads, very little rain therefore no raincoat is needed. But there is some disadvantages, such as we can not buy Kreen.

No I don't, for the reasons I stated.
You may also want to look back to some of the last posts from Frank Miller (before he left, or whatever) So many of the threads were locked, many good people left BITOG or were banned.
frown.gif

ARX has to be the the most controversial product ever discussed on this site. That controversy did not come out of a vacuum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back