What happened to Madponcho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was his handle on here. He hasn't updated his site in a while. Curious to what might of happened. He has many supporters for the site and test that he is running. Recap: Synthetic Oil Life Test, 2002 LS1 camaro testing mobil 1, amsoil, redline, and royal purple. So far Mobile 1 went 18,000 miles and amsoil went I think 14,000 miles, a redo of mobil was being tested early this year. Anybody have a clue of whats going on?
dunno.gif

Maybe his car died from the extended oil changes? Just kidding!
rolleyes.gif
He is probably just using his motorcycle more with the price of gas being what it is.

my hat is off to 3 mad ponchos for his testing....the problem is (IMHO) he ran out of time before he ran out of test, and as he continues it seems he racks the miles slower and slower. Hence changing the nature and the outcome of the testing.

The problem with the slowness of his testing is that by the time it's all finally done, none of the oils will be the same formula.

The particular blend of oil he used may be gone but he has nailed some good points.

Will anyone who reads his test still do 3000 mile OCIs? Not unless they're crazy.

Was the Amsoil thickening issue widely known before he tracked it?

Had anyone tracked a TBN reading like reading the sports page? I had always assumed TBN depleted in a fairly linear way.

Those tests have been a great service to the collective knowledge. Or at least mine.
grin.gif

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

The ideal person to do this test is someone that owns a taxi or other application which gets lots of high miles with virtually no change in driving habits. If we found someone like that, 1000 mile test could be done once a week and the test would be over in a couple of months. I read their study with great interest. Too bad they never got around to testing GC.

Anybody who does oil analysis is doing a version of the 3MP test ...the only difference is he's testing every 1000 miles.

I'd really like to see him run some Redline 5w-30 in that motor and see how the TBN depletion correlates with the # of miles....

TS

Looks like the study is over. 3MP updated the web site this week and announced that he is stopping the study in it's current fashion. Too little mileage on his car since February to make the results meaningful anymore. He is thinking of new format to begin in July???

It was great while it lasted.

I will volunteer to run Redline (or other synthetic oils) in my police patrol car and test at 1,000 mile intervals if someone will foot the bill on the UOAs and the Redline. In other words, I would sorta pick up where he left off.

My patrol car goes about 350 miles per week - sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less.

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:
Looks like the study is over. 3MP updated the web site this week and announced that he is stopping the study in it's current fashion. Too little mileage on his car since February to make the results meaningful anymore. He is thinking of new format to begin in July???

It was great while it lasted.

I had a feeling this test was never going to be completed.
frown.gif

Is he refunding everyone's money who paid for future sample kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back