What happened to Harrymac?

I was really curious as to what the outcome with his Transit van was going to be. Is he no longer among us superfly folks?

Catching a tan in the Bahamas via BITOG Airlines?:D Aw man I'm bummed! Threads like that always get my curiosity going. They always break the monotony. They're always my soap opera fix!

Maybe English wasn’t his first language and he had trouble explaining what he was trying to say? How was it determined that he was a troll? Sometimes I think the m*ds here are too quick to close threads. But oh well.

Maybe English wasn’t his first language and he had trouble explaining what he was trying to say? How was it determined that he was a troll? Sometimes I think the m*ds here are too quick to close threads. But oh well.
Good point! Alot of my friends, English isn't their first language, and sometimes the words they use to describe scenarios don't quite make sense. My gf for example, Spanish is her native language, and there are just some English words and phrases she can't say or pronounce, even if I try to get her to say them very slowly. She was born and raised in Galveston, but her parents spoke nothing but Spanish in her household.

He even posted pictures of the filter, which looked fine. The previous gasket being left on the filter tree kept coming to mind. That would explain him getting no oil pressure in his Transit.

He even posted pictures of the filter, which looked fine. The previous gasket being left on the filter tree kept coming to mind. That would explain him getting no oil pressure in his Transit.
How so? That's not the way I see it at all. Double gaskets most often fail by blowing oil out from between the two, then one gasket will dislodge; yet he never mentioned such a condition. The root cause you propose seems implausible at best.

As for the rest ...
Nothing he claimed made sense; nothing at all.
- his first thread was full of misleading and contradictory statements; we received numerous complaint reports about this first thread, and I locked it and asked him to converse with me via PM, which he never did
- he then appealed to the Admin and the thread was reopened after we discussed it internally among the staff; he was asked to comply with our rules and went onto our watch list
- rather than help us understand what was going on, he started a second thread, and yet again didn't answer some basic questions
- I then sent him a PM and offered to help him; he ignored the offer of assistance
- he then opend a third thread, yet again about the same topic, this time speaking of an Extra Guard (the first thread was about a Tough Guard, if you recall ... so the inference would be this was the "cheap" filter he referred to?) That thread was quarantined.
- With agreement among staff, he was banned because his actions were consistent with trolling, and despite offers to help and resolve the issue, he went on doing what he wanted with no regard for our pleas.

What many folks see in the public format never tells the whole story. We typically never ban someone without first doing an investigation and work in the background to see what can be rectified and/or salvaged in terms of membership. Often we get a positive response after folks are counseled; I've lost track of how many times we've had successes by working with folks to get a desirable outcome. But, sometimes, people miss the efforts we put forth and are either ignorant (unaware of what we offer) or arrogant (aware, but are Hades-bent to do damage one way or another). I've received some very pointed and hateful PMs; no matter.

There's nothing wrong with asking what happened to someone, but just know that what you see publically and what happens in total are rarely the same story.

Last edited:
How so? That's not the way I see it at all. Double gaskets most often fail by blowing oil out from between the two, then one gasket will dislodge; yet he never mentioned such a condition. The root cause you propose seems implausible at best.

As for the rest ...
- his first thread was full of misleading and contradictory statements; we received numerous complaint reports about this first thread, and I locked it and asked him to converse with me via PM, which he never did
- he then appealed to the Admin and the thread was reopened after we discussed it internally among the staff; he was asked to comply with our rules and went onto our watch list
- rather than help us understand what was going on, he started a second thread, and yet again didn't answer some basic questions
- I then sent him a PM and offered to help him; he ignored the offer of assistance
- he then opend a third thread, yet again about the same topic, this time speaking of an Extra Guard (the first thread was about a Tough Guard, if you recall ... so the inference would be this was the "cheap" filter he referred to?) That thread was quarantined.
- With agreement among staff, he was banned because his actions were consistent with trolling, and despite offers to help and resolve the issue, he went on doing what he wanted with no regard for our pleas.

What many folks see in the public format never tells the whole story. We typically never ban someone without first doing an investigation and work in the background to see what can be rectified and/or salvaged in terms of membership. Often we get a positive response after folks are counseled; I've lost track of how many times we've had successes by working with folks to get a desirable outcome. But, sometimes, people miss the efforts we put forth and are either ignorant (unaware of what we offer) or arrogant (aware, but are Hades-bent to do damage one way or another). I've received some very pointed and hateful PMs; no matter.

There's nothing wrong with asking what happened to someone, but just know that what you see publically and what happens in total are rarely the same story.
Heck who knows. Maybe he's just one of those people who has a hard time staying focused, kind've just all over the place. We get, and have lots of different personality types here. I've known people who are just very "random" and cant seem to stay focused on one thing. It's like they have the attention span of a small child or something. I know people who are so random, they'll be talking about one thing, and suddenly they start in on something totally unrelated and I'm beyond lost listening to them. And it's so easy for people to become rude and peeved on the net. I guess maybe I'm naive to the fact that someone would want to waste their own time playing games with people on the internet.

Billy Mac was a detective down in Texas. *clap clap clap clap clap.*

You know, he knows exactly what the Fax is..
....go on, take the money & run. then does he say: sSSSSCCCCCRRRREEEWWWWWWWWWW the LLLLLLLaaaaaaWWWWWWWWWWW???
never figured that out. think he does. off to YT I go..
>>I'm back from YT. No CC for TTM&R. : ( still can't figure it out. Maybe another fifty years I'll get it. : ($

....go on, take the money & run. then does he say: sSSSSCCCCCRRRREEEWWWWWWWWWW the LLLLLLLaaaaaaWWWWWWWWWWW???
never figured that out. think he does. off to YT I go..
>>I'm back from YT. No CC for TTM&R. : ( still can't figure it out. Maybe another fifty years I'll get it. : ($
I heard... "a-HOOOOO-laaaaaw!" Or "A-HOOOO-raaaaaw!"; I don't hear "Screw."

Kind of like when mediocre modern pop songs start repeating syllables just to fill space, like "Ey, ey, eyyyyy" and various "O-o-oooo"s. But Steve Miller Band had a better, choo-choo-choo sound to theirs, "Whoo, who, whooo."

Go on, take the money and run...

As for the rest ...

I think you've been very gracious in offering an insight to the inquiry. I think your assessments seem to have made sense. Thank you!

Heck who knows. Maybe he's just one of those people who has a hard time staying focused, kind've just all over the place. We get, and have lots of different personality types here. I've known people who are just very "random" and cant seem to stay focused on one thing. It's like they have the attention span of a small child or something. I know people who are so random, they'll be talking about one thing, and suddenly they start in on something totally unrelated and I'm beyond lost listening to them. And it's so easy for people to become rude and peeved on the net. I guess maybe I'm naive to the fact that someone would want to waste their own time playing games with people on the internet.
Your observations are not without merit. I, too, personally know folks who are focus-challenged. I suspect we all have known a few folks like that at some time in our lives.

But that does not provide one an excuse to cause problems on our site. That condition (difficulty in focusing) is not a license to randomly post things and create extra work for the Mods and Admin. If you understand our process as I've explained it, we always reach out and try to resolve the issue BEFORE banning becomes a reality. And we did that here.

We Moderators, quite literally, deal with dozens of moderation actions every single day. Those actions include reported threads, membership reviews for approval, counseling and discipline, deletions and moves, error corrections, etc .... We even have monthly video-calls so we can discuss ongoing concerns, policy development, site-improvement efforts, etc. We, the Mods, are volunteers whom take time out of our days (and nights) to help run this site. The more the membership grows, the more these items are being reported to our staff for consideration.

I, personally, have been a Moderator on several sites over my years on the 'net. This is the only one I'm still actively moderating at, because this is the only site I've been involved with that takes it's image and reputation seriously. This site is very welll run, and has an owner who truly cares about the balance between membership service and the fiscal challenge of keeping the site alive. The other sites I Moderated at were poorly run and all about the money once a corporate entity took over; that does not exist here.

Regardless of why Harrymac was causing problems, he indeed was causing problems and not being responsive to offers for help or requests to resolve this amicably. Hence he was banned, and I stand behind that decision 100%.

Last edited:
Back