What had the bigger impact? Spark plugs or induction service…

Had my 2015 Lincoln mkc in for annual state inspection and a preventative maintenance tuneup. Used a local Ford dealer that has done an excellent job with some previous issues on this suv. The idle was definitely getting rough at 65,000 miles, almost like an old Diesel engine. They changed the plugs and completed a fuel induction service. Now idles smooth as when new and is smooth as it spools up. Wondering if folks have any thoughts about whether the plugs or induction service had the greater impact?

If your Lincoln has DI, especially turbo DI, there can be a lot of buildup!

What interval does Ford recommend spark plugs be done? :unsure:

65k miles on the original plugs and wires..... plugs could be it. Just 1 with too much gap and missing a spark is enough to make it rough.

I vote Plugs.

My 2013 F150 3.5 ecoboost ran like crap after last winter at about 90,000 km. I was getting error codes and the engine was miss firing at over half throttle.

I changed the plugs and the gaps had worn to over .40. New plugs at and it ran like new.

100,000 Typically, but 60,000 in severe service usage like heavy towing or excessive idling or primarily low speed driving. 60,000 on a turbo engine sounds pretty normal to me.
Yeah, that’s correct. 60,000 would be right for my situation. My wife is primarily the driver and she runs mostly around town on short trips. Commute to work is like 5 miles….

I changed the plugs in our 2017 2.3 EB Explorer at 60,000 miles, not due to running issues but I didn't want to find out at 100,000 miles the plugs seized in the aluminum head. I used anti seize on the threads. I'll leave these in for 100,000 miles or until there is a performance issue. They were barely worn at 60,000 miles. But it was being driven mainly highway miles then. Before the plug change it idled and ran fine. I used the Motorcraft iridium plugs.

In my experience with my EcoBoom motor is the plugs made a huge difference at 60,000 miles. Then I replaced the ignition coils about 10k miles after the plugs and made it even more buttery smooth. No induction service performed yet. What motor ya got?

Back