What Group is Pennzoil Platinum??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell does not offer the Helix Product in the US anymore since they bought the Pennzoil and Quaker State Brands and the reason why is because Shell offers the same Helix Formulation in either Pennzoil or QS Products!!! They really take the Helix Product and repackage it in either Pennzoil or QS.. The 2 products are Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic European 5/30-5/40 or Quaker State Synthetic Euro 5/30-5/40... I think their reasoning is that more people are familiar with a Pennzoil or QS name than the Shell Helix name!!

Let me know if you need further!!

Thanks,

Chris Campbell
Campbell Oil & Gas Company Inc.

Originally Posted By: mckennaiii
Shell does not offer the Helix Product in the US anymore since they bought the Pennzoil and Quaker State Brands and the reason why is because Shell offers the same Helix Formulation in either Pennzoil or QS Products!!! They really take the Helix Product and repackage it in either Pennzoil or QS.. The 2 products are Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic European 5/30-5/40 or Quaker State Synthetic Euro 5/30-5/40... I think their reasoning is that more people are familiar with a Pennzoil or QS name than the Shell Helix name!!

Let me know if you need further!!

Thanks,

Chris Campbell
Campbell Oil & Gas Company Inc.

Chris is correct. But so there is no confusion, the only Platinum product that is repackaged Helix Ultra is the European Formulas. All other grades of Platinum are Group III that is made by Shell here in the USA.

Still, these "Euro" grades aren't too accessible. I called my local distributor and he told me it would be a month to be shipped in from Houston.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
What part of Texas are you in and what distributor did you talk to? A month does not sound right.

I'm in West Texas. One clarifier though, he did say they would get me the Helix packaged stuff. NOT PZ or QS...but a month and not too much of a price break was discouraging. I thought Ferrari dealers were using Helix 5w-40? Maybe that's why the expensive price $6/Qt. This was about a year ago.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
It's Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 in a different container.

That's only Quaker State synthetic 5W-40 or 10W-60. As far as the Penn Platinum, they might use some of the technology, but I highly doubt it's "the same"..

Originally Posted By: uconn1150
Originally Posted By: Johnny
What part of Texas are you in and what distributor did you talk to? A month does not sound right.

I'm in West Texas. One clarifier though, he did say they would get me the Helix packaged stuff. NOT PZ or QS...but a month and not too much of a price break was discouraging. I thought Ferrari dealers were using Helix 5w-40? Maybe that's why the expensive price $6/Qt. This was about a year ago.

Ferrari uses Quaker State 5W-40 and 10W-60 "Euro" oils in the States, which are basically rebadged Helix...

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Originally Posted By: sprintman
It's Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 in a different container.

That's only Quaker State synthetic 5W-40 or 10W-60. As far as the Penn Platinum, they might use some of the technology, but I highly doubt it's "the same"..

Nope, the Platinum 5W-30 and 5W-40 European Formula are rebadged Helix Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back