what future car features would make you buy a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electric mid size car or SUV with 200 mile range priced competitively with current offerings.

An SU carburettor, RWD, manually adjusted brakes, starting handle, and a vernier on the distributor.

I've come to like the backup camera. It should t be used as a crutch, but in some tight situations it is really helpful. If I never had one again I wouldn't miss is, but it's one of the nicer recent additions I've encountered.

Power locks with the remote is great. I can take or leave touch less entry and ignition.

4-wheel discs with 16" wheels and tires is A-ok.

Essentially a 1990's content vehicle with some modern drivetrain enhancements.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
A body and frame that are 100% proof against salt corrosion.

Good one! My vote too.

Well, since SUV/Trucks have been mentioned - better waterproofing on 4X4 units ... At least as an option for those of us who ford through water ... Or that plus press a button for more lift (with a speed limiter at full stroke)

True autonomous driving cars so I can sleep on long road trips. Of course it would have to have a on/off switch for when I want to drive.

I want an ultra responsive engine and transmission with gobs of mid range torque. No lag, no waiting 3 seconds to downshift 5 gears (like the modern automatics) .

I also want responsive steering with good feel.

In addition, I want brakes that do exactly what I ask.

The Tesla comes closest with it's instant response, no transmission and excellent brakes. Too bad it's so big.

Heads up display (I had it on my old 93' Nissan 240SX and wondered why it wasn't standard on all vehicles) and a manual trans.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

I'd take an F150 with manual transmission.

With the light weight Aluminum body i think the right manual trans would be awesome. I still wouldn't buy one yet cause they cost a ton but i would really really want to.

I want fewer features with the highest technology in the engine and safety systems.Which is why I didn't wait.

Originally Posted By: whip
Electric mid size car or SUV with 200 mile range priced competitively with current offerings.

An efficient electric compact car weight less than 3,000-3,200 lbs with 5 miles per kWh, a 60 kWh battery pack can do 300 miles between charge. Also, a good in-car charger can take 120 volt household outlet with capacity of 4-5 kWh, so it can fully charge a 60 kWh overnight.

I'd take an F150 with manual transmission. Matter of fact there's an awful lot of vehicles with substandard headroom that I'd be interested in if they made larger.

And give it some style, like this!

52825667.jpg

Originally Posted By: eljefino

I'd take an F150 with manual transmission. Matter of fact there's an awful lot of vehicles with substandard headroom that I'd be interested in if they made larger.

52825667.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino

52825667.jpg

I love those trucks. I actually find them more comfortable than most newer trucks as long as the seat is in okay shape, and I like how Twin-I-Beam/TTB trucks handle IF it's in good shape, though the I6s are not very quick. '94-'96 5.0L is the best engine in them IMO. It would be cool to buy a brand new one made with more modern materials and more modern electronics/powertrain management, but the same basic design.

Speaking of the OBS Fords, I was actually going to say the only new car I'd be interested in buying is if Ford made a brand new Bronco, but make it exactly like the 92-96 ones. Although I wouldn't mind a modern engine in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back